Production Manager - AMC Manufacturing Shops at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Production Manager – AMC Manufacturing Shops
At the Ball Aerospace Manufacturing Center (AMC) location in Westminster, CO, we develop and manufacture state of the art tactical technologies including stealth antennas, electronic warfare platforms, electro-optical laser imaging, and phased arrays. Technological developments are driving rapid expansion of our manufacturing capabilities to support growing customer demands. If you’d like to join our growing manufacturing operations team in a mission to help the warfighter, this could be an ideal role for you!
The Production Manager will lead and engage 50+ technicians, leads, and supervisors in servicing a high mix/low volume environment. This opportunity requires an inspirational people-centered leader who will focus on employee engagement and reliable program execution. The manufacturing shops team encompasses the people and equipment for executing centralized manufacturing processes including adhesive cutting, composites bonding, environmental stress screening, painting, fabrication of printed circuits, machining, and metal finishing. Partnering with a support staff of Industrial Engineers the chosen candidate with be responsible for maintaining a resolute commitment to human safety first, 100% quality second, and 100% on-time delivery third.
What You’ll Do:
- Provide functional leadership for a team of 50+ technicians, leads, and supervisors who execute centralized manufacturing processes. Specific duties include resource allocation, talent recruitment, staff motivation, training, performance management, work assignments, workload management, new-hire engagement, and recognition.
- Demonstrate outstanding abilities in conflict resolution, leadership presence, and organizational management.
- Develop strategy to grow technician disciplines to support of both development and rate manufacturing environments.
- Cultivate Ball Aerospace's relationships with local educational institutions by supporting events, providing input to course curriculum, and being a key contact to develop new avenues for talent recruitment.
- Align with Program Managers, Strategic Business Unit Leaders, and Strategic Support Unit Leaders to provide outstanding customer service in support of Tactical Solutions programs.
- Work with engineering disciplines to establish and maintain data driven metrics to monitor and continuously improve the performance baseline.
- Incorporate departmental standard systems for error proofing such as: cross-training plans, program training certs, TPM, and Human Error Management.
- Apply a Lean coaching approach (respect for people, “go and see” behavior, put problems first, and continuously intensify collaboration).
- Maintain a prioritized focus on human and hardware safety through implementation of Human Error Management principles.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 8 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $105,500 - $145,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.