Product Owner - Project Manager Senior Advisor - Work from Home at Cigna (Remote)
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:49 a.m. (CST) on Wednesday, January 18, 2023
The individual will be responsible for managing large sized, multi-functional projects to delivery in an Agile and waterfall environments. Will be responsible for driving scope, schedule, and resources to deliver the required capabilities on time while appropriately ensuring the business is ready and risks are mitigated.This individual must demonstrate strong project management behaviors, such as: Management of key stakeholders, strong proactive partnerships and collaboration with business partners, and the ability to monitor progress against goals, timely escalation and mitigation of barriers to success.Responsible for leading large complexity projects/Program Epics or large components of complex projects impacting multiple business units or an operational unit.Lead strategies for products designed to maximize profitable growth and membership targets. Strategies include customer insights, user story definition, and competitive assessment. Owns customer-driven team backlog.Responsibilities
- Partners with and independently navigates matrix partners/organizations to identify requirements/needs that will result in a positive Advocate/Customer/Member experience.
- Serve as the business requirements expert, engaging and managing the work of subject matter experts from the business
- Manage & Create project level plans related to schedule, scope and resources;
- Work with business and IT delivery teams to identify and mitigate risks to include business operational risks;
- Work with the business process owners to develop metrics to manage and track benefits, adoption and risks to operations;
- Provided continual business guidance forth development and execution team(s);
- Review, and when appropriate, accept and prioritize feedback and new requirements from stakeholders;
- Escalate issues and develop recommendations for appropriate solutions.
- Leads the team backlog prioritization process to ensure user stories are appropriately prioritized.
- Supports team in the development and prioritization of enablers, and the identification non-functional requirements as they relate to owned user stories.
- Defines clear and concise acceptance criteria by leading cross-functional experts from data evaluation through to sign-off.
- Participates in the innovation process representing customer insights/needs, brainstorming/out of the box thinking to identify solutions, developing concepts and launching/monitoring pilots and results.
- Provides product direction throughout the PI, and serves as the voice of the customer for the team.
- Identifies and leads tactics to maximize product advantages bringing brand management mentality to owned user stories.
- Embodies a product mindset to drive customer collaboration and software quality, and leads team and stakeholders in navigating change.
- Represents the team to external stakeholders, teams, and suppliers.
- Ensures stakeholders are knowledgeable of new and/or changes in priorities on a timely basis and equipped to deliver value proposition and key differentiating points.
- Leads execution of and provides key messaging into user stories and other Advocate-facing materials.
- Drives resolution of issues related to user story delivery, escalating when appropriate.
- Provides guidance and mentorship to other Product Owners, and provides input into their stories as needed.
- Supports Scrum Master in scope management, risk management, financial management, communication management, and Iteration Planning materials.
- Manages team intake for supported products/solutions and creates/supports the creation of estimates when needed.
- Supports Experience Owner/Experience Group Owner in defining minimally-marketable features to obtain commitment during PI Planning.
- Supports product vision and product development strategies to drive membership and earnings growth for the Agile Release Train.
- Fully understands customer needs (proposes, influences and shapes market research, can turn customer insights into action), external environmental influences, and competitive offerings and provides key input to the feature roadmap.
- Independently manages and influences external relationships (e.g. vendors), as required for management of owned user stories.
- Supports other related activities not specifically stated.
- Bachelor degree or 8-12 years of equivalent experience
- Project Management experience highly preferred
- PMP Preferred
- Understanding/Experience of Lean principals and agile methodology.
- Strategic and creative thinker with ability to think outside the box and translate strategies and customer insights into actions/user stories/implementation
- Agile, flexible and dynamic
- Demonstrated self-initiative.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent project management skills with a strong understanding of business processes and operations
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, with demonstrated ability to influence internal and external resources.
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external partners in various functional areas and at all levels of management.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships and establish a high level of credibility across functional and lines of business
- Proven ability to tie together complex issues and implement solutions to meet the needs of the global matrix
- Proven ability to plan for and integrate multiple tasks concurrently as well as work independently.
- Ability to identify and engage cross-functional teams in support of project completion, while obtaining needed buy-in from stakeholders.
- Proven ability to lead cross-functional teams and drive results with strong sense of urgency
- Proven ability to independently navigate areas and manage projects that are outside current area of expertise.
- Team player with proven ability to foster and manage working relationships within a matrix environment
- Persuasive, collaborative business acumen with the ability to drive the business strategically and influence others
- Skilled in obtaining buy-in for ideas and driving implementation and culture
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills to include written, oral and group presentation skills and ability to communicate with Strategic and creative thinker with ability to think outside the box and translate strategies and customer insights into actions/user stories/implementation
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
- Demonstrated ability to deliver against aggressive goals.
- Strong influencing and presentation skills
- Experience working in diverse disciplines within Cigna or equivalent healthcare industry experience
- Proficient to Intermediate MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) skills required.
- Understanding of the healthcare industry a plus.
More Information on Cigna
Cigna operates in the Healthtech industry. The company is located in Bloomfield, CT, Phoenix, AZ, Philadelphia, PA and Plano, TX. It has 74000 total employees. It offers perks and benefits such as Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Disability insurance, Dental insurance, Vision insurance, Health insurance and Life insurance. To see all 36 open jobs at Cigna, click here.
Read Full Job Description