Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
In Customer Experience at Coinbase, we put the customer at the center of everything we do. For this role, you’ll work as part of the CX Process Excellence (PEX) team across different business domains to impact our mission by enabling efficient execution & customer focus across our operations.
In PEX, we’re building a team that will use continuous improvement, strategic thinking, and innovation to solve problems for customers. Day-to-day, you’ll be focused on driving quality and simplification, reducing manual work via automations, minimizing process variability/waste, and isolating systemic root causes impacting Coinbase customers. You’ll have the opportunity to execute these goals by supporting and/or leading high priority projects, providing research & analysis for CX, and building continuous improvement programs across CX.
If you’re an operator with thoughtful leadership skills, strong judgement, and a deep passion for quality, we’re excited to connect with you.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Manage process excellence support aligned to key CX/product area for retail customers, inclusive of:
- Driving & executing high priority projects to solve customer pain points
- Reduce performance bottlenecks, customer friction, and process variability by leading initiatives to impacting first contact resolution, handle time, and support contact rate
- Utilize data, statistical analysis, and customer journey mapping to conduct root cause analysis (RCA) & deep dives for customer problems
- Support senior management for your CX/product area on their high-priority problems & emerging needs (for ex: research, standing up new programs, process design)
- Partner with CX to implement process improvements, design, and implementation
- Developing scalable mechanisms to solve customer pain points within CX:
- Track backlog of identified problems & identification of root causes
- Ensure that insights move from analysis to action by ROI quantification
- Communicate high impact problem areas for CX senior leadership & business partners
- Mentoring & fostering a culture of process excellence across CX through:
- Facilitating training & delivery of PEX / Lean Six Sigma workshops
- Leading Kaizen & continuous improvement workshops within CX
- Mentoring emerging leaders in CX on PEX skills & system design
- Project planning & innovation:
- Utilize customer feedback, data, and planning methodologies to develop long-term strategic plans for our customers
- Design project plans, technical requirements, and solution artifacts to collaborate with both technical & non-technical partners
- Partner cross-functionally to tie improvement programs with operations, technology partners, channel strategy, and upstream partners
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- Minimum 3-5 years proven experience in solving high impact, complex problems within an operations or customer support environment
- Experience in customer support for consumer technology (B2C), FinTech or Financial Services Industry
- Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze complex data sets & operational KPIs
- Flexible and able to wear varying hats within an operations environment: consulting, strategic thinking, program management, training/coaching, and data analysis / statistics
- Excellent communication & listening skills to optimally communicate across various levels of the business (from senior leadership to customer support agents)
- High empathy and relationship building skills
- Travel requirements up to 15% to Coinbase offices and vendor locations based on business need
Nice to haves:
- Experience with varying channels of customer support, including voice, email, social and/or chat.
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt Belt certification.
- Previous experience partnering with BPOs & offshore teams
- Advanced experience in project management, analytics, statistics, and/or quality assurance.
- Prior experience of Google business suite, JIRA, Salesforce Service Cloud.
Req ID: G1952
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.