Who we are
Samsara (NYSE: IOT) is the pioneer of the Connected Operations Cloud, which allows businesses that depend on physical operations to harness IoT (Internet of Things) data to develop actionable business insights and improve their operations. Founded in San Francisco in 2015, we now employ more than 1,600 people globally and have over 1.5 million active devices. Samsara also went public in December 2021 and we’re just getting started.
Recent awards we’ve won include:
- #2 in the Financial Times’ Fastest Growing Companies in Americas list 2021
- Named as a Best Place to Work in Built In 2022
- #19 in the Forbes Cloud 100 2021
- IoT Analytics Company of the Year in 2022’s IoT Breakthrough Winners
- Forbes Advisor named us the Best Solution for Large Companies - Fleet management software for 2022!
We're driving change in industries that are yet to fully embrace digital transformation. Physical operations make up a massive slice of the global economy but haven’t benefited from innovation and actionable information in the way that other sectors have. The potential for scale and impact is huge.
About the role:
Samsara is seeking a Technical Program Manager to own and drive delivery for high-impact programs in the product engineering team. As part of this role, you’ll have the opportunity to work across multiple groups in Samsara, including our Machine Learning team, full-stack teams, firmware/embedded teams, and our hardware teams. The Principal TPM role requires excellent leadership skills, strategic thinking, strong technical expertise, the ability to partner across Samsara, and the ability to manage high-impact projects.
This role can be office-based or fully remote in the US and Canada.In this role, you will:
- Drive Samsara’s largest engineering projects, coordinating across the company as needed to deliver high-quality capabilities to our customers
- Develop and operate organization-wide mechanisms to improve engineering excellence
- Work across TPMs in Samsara to improve our project delivery practices
- Mentor other Samsara TPMs, growing a culture of TPM excellence
- Champion, role model, and embed Samsara’s cultural principles (Focus on Customer Success, Build for the Long Term, Adopt a Growth Mindset, Be Inclusive, Win as a Team) as we scale globally and across new offices
Minimum requirements for the role:
- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams, as TPM or engineer
- Experience managing programs across cross functional teams, building processes and coordinating release schedules
- Experience driving roadmap strategy and definition
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or related technical field
- Experience conceptualizing complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
An ideal candidate also has:
- Master’s degrees in computer science, engineering, or a related technical field
- Experience working with cross-functional groups, including customers/users, hardware, supply chain/logistics, test, product management, ops
- Strong technical, analytical, and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive decisions
- Experience building ML or CV backed features, IoT, and big data
At Samsara, we welcome everyone regardless of their background, race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, etc. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team and ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.
Samsara is an inclusive work environment, and we are committed to ensuring equal opportunity in employment for qualified persons with disabilities. Please email [email protected] or click here if you require any reasonable accommodations throughout the recruiting process.
US Only: Please note that Samsara’s COVID-19 vaccination policy requires all team members who will be meeting in person for business or working from one of our offices to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 or submit regular testing. People who cannot be vaccinated for qualifying medical conditions, sincerely held religious beliefs, and other legally protected categories, may request an accommodation.
Our target total compensation market position is in the top 25% of all software and hardware companies. Our full time employees receive an above market-rate salary, an outstanding equity offering, employee-led remote and flexible working, health benefits, personal development, Samsara for Good charity fund, and much, much more. Take a look at our Benefits site to learn more.
At Samsara, we have adopted a flexible way of working, enabling teams and individuals to do their best work, regardless of where they’re based. We value in-person collaboration and know a change of scenery and quiet space to work is welcomed from time to time, but also appreciate that the world of work has changed. Our offices remain open for those who prefer to collaborate or work in-office, but we also encourage fully remote applicants.