At ServiceNow, our technology makes the world work for everyone, and our people make it possible. We move fast because the world can't wait, and we innovate in ways no one else can for our customers and communities. By joining ServiceNow, you are part of an ambitious team of change makers who have a restless curiosity and a drive for ingenuity. We know that your best work happens when you live your best life and share your unique talents, so we do everything we can to make that possible. We dream big together, supporting each other to make our individual and collective dreams come true. The future is ours, and it starts with you.
With more than 7,400+ customers, we serve approximately 80% of the Fortune 500, and we're proud to be one of FORTUNE's 100 Best Companies to Work For® and World's Most Admired Companies® 2022.
Learn more on Life at Now blog and hear from our employees about their experiences working at ServiceNow.
Unsure if you meet all the qualifications of a job description but are deeply excited about the role? We still encourage you to apply! At ServiceNow, we are committed to creating an inclusive environment where all voices are heard, valued, and respected. We welcome all candidates, including individuals from non-traditional, varied backgrounds, that might not come from a typical path connected to this role. We believe skills and experience are transferrable, and the desire to dream big makes for great candidates.
Team & Role
Product Operations supports the operations of the Unified Technology Group (UTG) and Platform, Solution Sales, and Industries (PSSI) organizations. Our Program Management Office drives and delivers cross-functional programs including Release Management, Release Big Rocks, Platform Engineering, Global Cloud Services (GCS), Regulated Markets, Cloud Security, M&A, Customer Upgrade Operations, and other critical strategic programs. Our Technical Training & Enablement team provides training to enable thousands of employees across UTG and Product Management. Our Analytics team supports the quality and development of our products and platform releases as well as delivering support, operations, product experience, and usage data to UTG, PSSI, and the P4.
What you get to do in this role:
You'll work in a fast-paced, environment to bring your programs to life and see them through to a successful completion, cultivating collaboration and driving business outcomes. You'll think strategically, while driving tactical execution of large cross organizational programs, from initial conception, through program development, delivery and transition to operations. The successful candidate is a results oriented, self-starter with an established, documented competence in engineering program management and operations.
- Drive large complex cross-functional technical initiatives to achieve desired business outcomes
- Translate business needs into implementation plans, by driving cross-functional team to identify and align on solutions, delivery dependencies, and schedule
- Develop and manage the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria
- Identify and manage external dependencies and logistics; identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
- Host and facilitate executive-level meetings as well as large cross-functional program meetings
- Simplify complex issues into a crisp, actionable executive-level status updates and mitigation plans
- Build strong working relationships with stakeholders across the project team
- Exercise key skills such as conflict resolution, cross-team collaboration, as well as asking and answering questions with precision
- Be a change agent and embody the continuous improvement philosophy to influence processes, methodologies and business agility
- Actively engage in Program Management Community of Practice and help document and establish standards and better practices
- This position will require travel as needed (~15%)
- 15+ years of program management experience in software development organizations
- BA/BS degree or higher in Business Management, Computer Information Systems (CIS), Management Information Systems (MIS), Operations and Information Management (OIM) or other equivalent combination of education and experience.
To be successful in this role you have:
- Experience delivering Information Security programs is a plus
- Proven project/program management experience involving many cross functional teams
- Superior organizational skills with high regard for quality
- Strong collaboration and relationship building skills - able to work well with many different types of personalities in various function. Masterful in the art of bringing people together
- Excellent communication skills - Ability to communicate, document, and present complex technical issues in concise and efficient manner for variety of audiences
- Experienced and confident in creating slides and presenting to executives
- Must possess effective listening skills and comfortable asking powerful questions
- Passion for working with people in technical environments
- Strong leadership skills to influence and motivate without authority. True servant leader
- Strong facilitation skills to lead/drive variety of program events
- Excellent negotiation and conflict management skills
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status or any other category protected by law.
At ServiceNow, we lead with flexibility and trust in our distributed world of work. Click here to learn about our work personas: flexible, remote and required-in-office.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at [email protected] for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site .