Lookout is an integrated endpoint-to-cloud security company. Our mission is to secure and empower our digital future in a privacy-focused world where mobility and cloud are essential to all we do for work and play. We enable consumers and employees to protect their data, and to securely stay connected without violating their privacy and trust. Lookout is trusted by millions of consumers, the largest enterprises and government agencies, and partners such as AT&T, Verizon, Vodafone, Microsoft, Google & Ivanti. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lookout has offices in Amsterdam, Boston, London, Bratislava, Hyderabad, Bangalore, Tokyo and Toronto.
Our approach to mobile security, from the beginning, has been to analyze all aspects of the mobile ecosystem and use a cloud-based machine learning solution to identify threats in that data, and protect our user from those threats. Over the years Lookout has built an expansive ecosystem of multiple MDM and UEM technology partners, leading banks and some of the largest carriers globally that use our embedded tech to protect their users. We are seeking a product leader to drive the roadmap execution and expansion of our embedded SDK. The position will interface effectively with engineering, product management, technology partners and direct customers.
Are you excited to:
- Approach Lookout’s development experience with a love of code and an eye for detail
- Engage with cutting-edge technologies, customers, and partners to build seamless and secure experiences for our customers.
- Work at the product level, but be able to dig deeper as needed - whether it is collaborating with engineering or to understand vexing customer issues or help review code samples for documentation.
- Own and manage the roadmap and complete lifecycle of the mobile threat defense SDK used by Lookout’s technology partners and customers for securing their applications.
- Become a critical communication point with our customers to understand the product improvements that will be most impactful to the market.
- Externally evangelize product goals and roadmap initiatives and create organizational alignment within the larger product and business teams.
- Product strategy: define the product roadmap for enterprise products. Identify and gather requirements, define and spec features, and work cross-functionally to bring them to market.
- Partner internally: the enterprise product line is very cross functional at Lookout. Accordingly, you will partner internally with different product teams to ensure that there is alignment to your goals and roadmap.
- Product requirements and delivery: write PRDs and requirements for your projects. Work with engineering on a day-to-day basis to prioritize and execute on product features and delivery.
- Strategic planning: you are the voice for your products and will work with sales to communicate your roadmap and ensure alignment with strategic planning exercises.
- Prior experience building developer focussed SDK products especially for mobile platforms. Any experience as a mobile developer is a huge plus.
- Experience in developing for mobile (ideally with millions of end-users) and a deep understanding of embedded platform development for iOS and Android.
- A good understanding of the iOS and Android platform architecture, capabilities and limitations especially w.r.t. the security model and building applications around it.
- A clear writing style and ability to precisely convey plans for complex, abstract projects
- Minimum 6-8 years in product management or technical expertise in the mobile security space preferred.
- Able to stay organized, thrive and get the right things done in an environment where there is no end of things to do.
- BS/BA or equivalent in CS or related technical fields.