Acquia empowers the world’s most ambitious brands to create digital customer experiences that matter. With open source Drupal at its core, the Acquia Digital Experience Platform (DXP) enables marketers, developers, and IT operations teams at thousands of global organizations to rapidly compose and deploy digital products and services that engage customers, enhance conversions, and help businesses stand out.
Headquartered in the U.S., Acquia has been named a top software company by The Software Report, rated a leader by the analyst community, and named a top place to work by the Boston Globe and the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future and we want you to be a part of it!
Acquia is seeking a Principal Drupal Community Coordinator to help herd a vibrant community of 100,000+ cats who are building a powerful, flexible open source framework that powers 2% of the Internet, and can be used to create everything from websites to mobile applications to running cruise ships.About the team you will be on…
Like Drupal itself, this role is very versatile, and involves a little bit of everything. The ideal candidate will be someone who learns fast and thinks well on their feet. But please don't worry about knowing everything from the get-go; you'll be working with Acquia's amazing Drupal Acceleration Team, who will be there to help you succeed every step of the way!As the Principal Community Manager, you will…
- Form relationships with key project stakeholders, find out what motivates them, as well as what frustrates them, and do everything in your power to help them be awesome!
- Bring and execute helpful ideas on growing the Drupal community, increasing community sustainability, improving diversity and inclusion, and bettering community processes to reduce toil and increase general contributor happiness, using a data-driven approach for measuring success.
- Work with the Drupal strategic initiative coordinators to help support their progress, promote their efforts, and ferociously remove blockers when stuck.
- Additionally, relay feedback from initiative coordinators and other community members that you hear "on the ground" in your various conversations to Drupal product leadership to influence the Drupal product roadmap.
- Organize virtual and (once safe to do so again) in-person contribution events sprints to achieve key product milestones and create opportunities for the community to collaborate with one another and push the Drupal project forward.
- Communicate about your efforts both internally and externally in a way that communicates the importance of the work and also lifts others up.
- Servant leadership with a keen focus on bringing out the best in open source contributors.
- Strong sense of empathy and keen desire to listen intently and parse feedback from community members, even if its delivery is unpolished.
- Experience working across multiple time zones with a global community that has a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experience levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including judicious use of humour. :-)
- Prior experience with open source communities and the sensitivities therein, e.g. the fact that most key Drupal contributors do NOT work for Acquia and are NOT paid full time to contribute.
- Ability to shift focus quickly as facts change "on the ground."
- Enthusiasm for mentoring and assisting others.
Nice to haves...
- Prior experience in Drupal
- Prior experience in product management
- Prior experience in developer relations
- Prior experience with open source project governance
We are committed to continually strengthening our people-first culture within our Acquia family. Acquia is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive environment for all. Our highly motivated team features individuals from a multitude of backgrounds who offer their unique perspectives, starting with their first project as a new hire to their 100th as a manager and beyond. For every step in between, we help Acquians grow by promoting a culture of continuous learning through mentorship, knowledge-sharing, feedback, and more.
Thank you for considering Acquia for your next career move, and we look forward to receiving your application. There’s no such thing as the perfect candidate. So, we’re not looking for someone who matches all of our criteria; we’re looking for someone with the potential to grow outward and upward. Regardless of how much of the criteria you meet, you should apply!
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.
Interested residents of Colorado may contact [email protected] as it relates to regulation C.R.S. § 8-5-201. Information regarding benefits are linked here.