Principal Associate, Project Management
Capital One, a Fortune 500 company and one of the nation's top 10 banks, offers a broad spectrum of financial products and services to consumers, small businesses and commercial clients. Our goal is to create one of the nation's great banks, and we have the necessary ingredients: a strong balance sheet, resilient businesses, a massive customer franchise, strong analytical capabilities, and great people. We nurture a work environment where people with a variety of thoughts, ideas and backgrounds, guided by our shared values, come together to make Capital One a great company - and a great place to work.
As a Principal Project Manager at Capital One, you will drive strategy by managing the Auto Navigator portfolio of deliverables and executing on high priority projects for the company. You will work with smart and passionate people to deliver results that have a direct impact on the company's bottom line. You will take on important and exciting responsibility from day one, working with key stakeholders across the company. You will be challenged to excel and lead alongside the brightest talent in the industry and be rewarded for your achievements.
• Partner cross-functionally with stakeholders to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive product delivery
• Develop process, documentation and communication approach for technology/product intake from all stakeholders
• Own portfolio backlog, ensuring clear articulation of intent/problem statement/outcomes
• Drive process for prioritization of work across the Auto Navigator portfolio
• Create visibility to commitments and performance metrics
• Drive awareness and ownership of key risks, issues and impediments related to the portfolio roadmap
• Manage integrated portfolio roadmap, stakeholder communication and escalation of issues
• Build relationships and collaborate with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
• Identify and highlight when individual product roadmaps or specific initiatives overlap and identify opportunities for synergy and efficiency
• Use horizontal visibility to help ensure roadmap outcomes align to overall Auto Navigator strategy
• Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
• At least 4 Years Project OR Process OR Agile Delivery Management experience
• At least 1 year experience with product prioritization and delivery tools including Jira, Confluence, etc.
• Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
• Experience in technical project management
• Experience managing a large portfolio of deliverables
• Experience working with product teams in an agile environment
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).