Principal Architect, MX at Cisco Meraki
At Cisco Meraki, we know that technology can connect, empower, and drive us. Our mission is to simplify technology so our customers can focus on what's most meaningful to them: their students, patients, customers, and businesses. We’re making networking easier, faster, and smarter with technology that simply works.
The modern world runs on the internet, and the internet cannot exist without its underlying infrastructure. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining that infrastructure easier than it has ever been before. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.About the team:
You will join the MX Engineering team that is responsible for MX-platforms, SDWAN, security, routing, and cellular technology products. Our products are used in over a million network nodes and our customers rely on our products to serve tens of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. Meraki MX team is responsible for delivering simple to use but very powerful, scalable, and groundbreaking cloud-managed appliances to customers.The opportunity:
As the first Principal Architect on the MX team, you will be in charge of designing, developing, and implementing the architecture of various MX technologies such as SD-WAN, cellular, security, containers, routing, etc. The team will look up to you as a primary architect. This role needs a very experienced, hands-on, and hardworking engineer who can improve the current architecture, plan for next-generation architecture, and partner with Product Management and MX leads to define the next generation technical roadmap on merchant as well as custom silicon.
Immediate opportunity in this role is in the data plane area. We are seeking an experienced architect, who has expertise in building embedded routing products from the ground up. We need a data plane architect, who can quickly understand current data plane implementation and work towards building next-generation data plane. Performance, scalability, and easy interaction of CP and data plane for feature velocity.
Apart from data plane architecture, this role will also serve as the main architect in new product development, new technologies implementation for overall MXAs a Principal Architect, you will:
- Be at the forefront of architecture, design, and implementation of MX new generation of high-performance appliances and platforms
- Develop packet processing and routing capabilities across MX
- Participate and lead various architectural discussions
- Define the next generation product
- Guide the team of hardworking individual contributors to craft the architecture
- 15+ years of working experience on data plane forwarding and control-plane configuration, signaling for embedded routing, and SD-WAN products.
- Contribution in the last 6+ years in routing data_plan and hand-on experience with routing product architecture
- Deep knowledge of routing protocols and SD-WAN
- Hands-on experience and crafting on more than one data plane technology across arm and x86. DPDK, NETMAP, VPP, CLICK
- Understanding and experience of L4 to L7 services (like load balancing flows, firewall, IPSec VPN, NAT, IPv6, remote access and various tunneling protocols), architectures, and algorithms
- Experience writing Linux user and kernel code for high-performance fabrics, I/O devices
- Successful delivery on multiple high-performance products
- In-depth knowledge of packet processing
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Good communication skills and experience working with cross-functional teams
- Good understanding of VPP or CLICK data plane
- Merchant silicon SDKs from Broadcom, Marvell, EZchip, etc.
- Distributed packet processing across virtual and/ or fabric architecture
- Layer 2 / Layer 3 functionality, application-aware packet processing
Meraki is based in the Mission Bay area of San Francisco, with beautiful views of the Oracle Ballpark and the Bay beyond. You will have access to an onsite gym, multiple kitchens stocked with high quality snacks, a coffee bar, catered lunches every day, and a generous benefits package.
Cisco requires all U.S. employees to be fully vaccinated or have an approved religious or medical accommodation. Candidates accepting an offer must provide proof of vaccination status on their first day. If someone anticipates requesting an accommodation for this requirement, they must receive approval before the start date. All offers of employment are contingent upon complying with Cisco's vaccination policy.
At Cisco Meraki, we’re challenging the status quo with the power of diversity, inclusion, and collaboration. When we connect different perspectives, we can imagine new possibilities, inspire innovation, and release the full potential of our people. We’re building an employee experience that includes appreciation, belonging, growth, and purpose for everyone.
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.