Physical ASIC Designer at Butterfly Network, Inc.
Butterfly Network’s mission is to democratize healthcare by enabling universal access to superior medical imaging. We reinvented ultrasound technology by creating the world's first handheld, single-probe whole-body ultrasound system: the Butterfly iQ. This innovative technology reduces the cost of the traditional ultrasound system by miniaturizing it onto a single semiconductor silicon chip.
Butterfly harnesses the advantages of AI and cloud computing to deliver advanced imaging that is easy-to-use and built for the digital era.The Butterfly iQ and next-generation Butterfly iQ+ have received CE Mark and FDA clearance, and are being sold in hospitals and clinics around the globe.
Joining Butterfly Network is the opportunity to redesign the future of healthcare through the power of technology. Embark on a journey with us to maximize global impact, motivated by the idea that our products will change the lives of millions along with the people you love.Job Description
The role of the Physical ASIC Designer offers the opportunity to work within the heart of the product development team and founders and to own the core of what will set Butterfly Network apart. This individual will own digital implementation and layout for complex, high performance SoC designs in advanced low-power process nodes.
As part of our team, your core responsibilities will be:
- Developing scripts and infrastructure for rapid implementation of quickly evolving mixed signal IC designs.
- Architecting low power solutions tailored to our specific needs to maximize performance per Watt.
- Integrate multiple embedded processor cores into a large design and architect power-efficient, high performance data paths.
- Rapidly bring ambitious projects from floor-plan to production, assisting in chip architecture, design optimization, design for test, pinout planning, ESD architecture, package design, chip probe, and manufacturing support.
- Other ASIC Engineering duties as assigned
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of ASIC design, verification, and implementation.
- Expert in modern EDA tools for synthesis, test insertion, static timing analysis, place-and-route, clock tree synthesis, and low power design in advanced nodes.
- Deep experience in low-power design practices, including advanced clock tree optimization, custom and automated clock gating, power island implementation, multi-threshold synthesis, voltage and frequency scaling.
- Experience with system-on-a-chip design, including embedded microprocessors, peripherals, on-chip memories, and bus architectures.
- Comfortable working in a Linux environment and using version control (e.g., SVN, Git, or Mercurial).
- Familiar with Python, TCL, make, and other common scripting languages.
- Must be organized and self-motivated, able to turn abstract ideas into concrete designs.
- Must be a team player who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Expert in SystemVerilog for design.
- Selecting and integrating complex 3rd party IP cores, such as PCI Express, USB, DDR-SDRAM, or 10G Ethernet.
- Advanced CMOS process technology 45 nm or smaller.
- High speed I/O such as multi-gigabit SerDes or DDR-SDRAM.
- Experience with integration with analog IP such as ADCs and PLLs.
- Knowledgeable about implementation of high performance digital signal processing algorithms.
You Deeply Identify with Core Butterfly Network Values:
- Efficient & Speedy - you get work done in a fraction of the time as industry peers
- Intellectually Curious - you are thoughtful & inquisitive; people enjoy working with you because they learn from you
- Mission-Driven & Committed - you are passionate about the company's purpose and are immensely productive
- Team Oriented - you celebrate and take joy in the success of others on the team
We offer great perks:
- Fully covered medical insurance plan, and dental & vision coverage - as a health-tech company, we place great worth on our teams’ well-being
- Pre-tax commuter benefits - we make your commute more reasonable
- Free onsite meals + kitchen stocked with snacks
- 401k plan - we facilitate your retirement goals
- Flexible Paid Time Off - recharge and come back ready to make an impact
- Work from our beautiful offices in Palo Alto, CA
- Competitive salaried compensation - we value our employees and show it
- Equity - we want every employee to be a stakeholder
- The opportunity to build a revolutionary healthcare product and save millions of lives!
For this role, we provide visa assistance for qualified candidates
Butterfly network does not accept agency resumes.
Butterfly Network Inc. is an E-Verify Company and is an equal opportunity employer regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability or Veteran status. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.