Order Fulfilment Specialist at Ball Aerospace
Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
This position is responsible for providing order fulfillment services to our customers. The primary responsibilities are to receive customer orders and changes, input them to the ERP system and tender the orders to transportation providers to complete delivery. Critical thinking and problem solving will be a crucial part of this job role.
What will you be responsible for?
- Receives and enters customer orders, change orders and credit orders for finished goods to the ERP system.
- Tenders customer orders to transportation providers at least cost, expediting as required.
- Prepares export documents as required to support international shipments.
- Interact with customers, communicating to and resolving issues around fulfilling their orders and negotiating alternative plans for delivery.
- Tracks customer shipments at the request of the customer as required.
- Assists in monitoring shipping schedules at distribution centers.
- Monitors inventory levels of related products, notifying production control manager of impending shortages.
- Reviews inventory levels of related products in distribution centers and schedules inventory transfers to replenish shortages as well as alerts respective Production Control Manager of any supply issues.
- Monitors cash in advance (CiA) customer payment receipts and notifies production control manager of cash receipt triggering authorization to produce product.
- Maintains business data to support customer order fulfillment in the ERP system.
- Supports Manager, Customer Order Fulfillment as required.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 year(s) minimum
- Should have previous order fulfilment role experience
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $53,500 - $79,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans