Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
Affirm strives to provide better financial products to improve the lives of consumers. We need an outstanding program manager to be fully dedicated to the early stages of new and innovative product development that require quick and adaptable servicing and operational capabilities. The person in this role will also partner with the Affirm Operations team to take these products to market at scale when required. The scope of the Operations team is inclusive of customer servicing, risk and fraud operations, and merchant servicing as applicable. The ideal candidate will have a strong eye for business and judgement with the ability to dive into hands-on creation of processes and capabilities, while also maintaining a long-term vision of how to support and enable innovative products through the development lifecycle from an operational standpoint.
This role requires a strong background in operations, servicing, project and process management particularly in early stage start-up to rapidly growing companies.What You’ll Do:
- Manage and scale a small team of product specialists & program managers and set a strategy for Affirm’s product support and scalability.
- Work both independently and collaboratively with the small cross-functional Incubation team as well as Core product teams in discovery and scoping sessions to identify and define operational and servicing requirements for new products.
- Define innovative solutions, processes, and tools to support the operationalizing of new products and initiatives at all phases of the product development lifecycle.
- Build and implement early stage account management and support processes, help center content, monitoring and support of customer inquiries.
- Collect, synthesize and share customer insights and feedback with the Incubation product team in order to propel further product innovation and improvement in alignment with customer needs.
- Analyze user journeys and empower product partners to make product or support changes based on findings.
- 5-10 years of complex Program Management experience
- Experience managing customer-centric service programs in a technology or financial services organization.
- Knowledge of product lifecycle and crafting new programs from cradle to grave.
- Knowledge of process improvements and cost optimization.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and balance ever-changing priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to work with global or cross-functional teams and/or independently on multiple tasks and projects.
- Experience driving operational excellence or process improvement across complex processes, focused on technology products.
Location - Remote U.S.
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.