Onboarding Manager at Drift
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human. After just four years in market, the company has become one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies and was named to the Forbes Cloud 100, LinkedIn Top 50 Startups, Entrepreneur's Top Company Cultures, Boston Business Journal's Best Places to Work, and SaaS Company of the Year by the NEVCA.
About the role / About the team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of Professional Services is to ensure our customers launch Drift successfully, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the results and value they want in partnership with the Customer Success team. We are currently looking to grow our Onboarding team to ensure customers are set up to realize the full potential of their Drift investment.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Contribute to developing and deploying onboarding process and content changes to the Customer team.
- Influence internal behavior cross-functionally to get buy-in for onboarding initiatives.
- Serve as a mentor and coach for Onboarding Specialists.
- Support the onboarding of new Drift customers to deploy their Conversational Marketing strategy including configuration, training, go-live support, and optimization.
- Partner closely with our Customer Success Managers and Account Managers to solidify and execute client deployment strategy based on customer goals and KPIs.
- Lead client onboarding tasks including configuration and training, based on Conversational Marketing best practices.
- Develop a solid understanding of your customer’s marketing and sales tech stack, including the information that flows through it to be pushed into and pulled out of Drift to drive accurate attribution.
- Monitor new client performance and address any open issues to ensure timely resolution and great customer experience.
- Work closely with the product and engineering team to influence new product features and functionality based on customer feedback.
In one month you'll
- Attend comprehensive organization training and learn the Drift story, our leadership principles, how we communicate and do work, as well as our goals for the future.
- Experience in-depth product training, including learning how to use the product for your own business.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the customer lifecycle, with emphasis on post-sale onboarding and success processes.
- Have 1:1 meetings with your direct manager and meet with other key players on the customer team.
- Shadow colleagues and learn best practices for what make Drift Customers successful.
- Deliver customer onboarding calls.
- Begin to be fully responsible for your very own portfolio of customers and for running calls independently!
By month 3 you'll
- Continue to master your knowledge of Drift product, have a deep understanding of Conversational Marketing, and become a bot-building expert.
- Fully understand our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in class sales process.
- Work with your customers daily, delivering value and helping them achieve their goals.
- Should be meeting your Customer Onboarding targets and KPIs
By month 6 you'll
- Drive customers successfully through onboarding in a fast paced environment.
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices.
- Consistently meet or exceed your onboarding and professional services goals.
- Support complex onboarding engagements for our largest customers.
- Work with your manager to identify a plan for continued growth.
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Marketing, Customer Support or Customer Success within the technology space (MarTech experience preferred)
- Willingness to experiment – even if something doesn't work, be prepared to learn from your failures
- Ability to work across teams including marketing, product, sales, IT and operations
- Quick learner, always looking to embrace and master new technologies
- Ability to prioritize, multitask and organize workload
- Ability to work both individually and collaboratively within a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus: Experience with Marketo, Eloqua, Pardot, Hubspot, Salesforce, Google Analytics
- Bonus: Certified in Conversational Marketing
- Bonus: Experience with a company practicing account-based marketing
- Bonus: Knowledge of demand generation funnels and tactics used at each stage within the funnel
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [email protected] #LI-Remote