Our Mobile Product Squad currently includes 8 Mobile Software Engineers. They are working on an ambitious roadmap to skyrocket mobile usage among our clients, ensure a consistent user experience with our Web platform, and maintain our lead in Collaborative Learning. The next two years will be full of challenges, as our Product is growing fast: we need to manage this increasing complexity for our Mobile App while securing feature delivery in a predictable fashion. This is why we are creating a new Mobile Project Manager position.
As a Mobile Project Manager in the Mobile Squad, you will have the opportunity to:
- Be the owner of the delivery for our mobile applications. You will be in charge of planning the roadmap, writing some specifications, putting in place the QA strategy
- Provide predictability on our releases: you’ll use your project management skills to ensure solid planning and timely delivery of the features
- Communicate with different stakeholders. You’ll drive and handle dependencies with other Product teams, as our Web Squads and Mobile Squad work closely with each other. On a technical side, working daily with the software engineers, you will have to arbitrate the backlog and manage the delivery. You’ll also be the key contact point about Mobile for our Customer Success and Sales teams, and C-levels
- Guide the Product Managers on Mobile best practices
Within 1 month, you will
- Become a Trello expert through our onboarding process
- Understand our product offering through training
- Meet the global team through virtual coffee meets and happy hour
Within 3 months, you will
- Write some features specifications and user stories
- Manage the roadmap and product backlog of your squad
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of new features
Within 6 months, you will
- Become a subject-matter expert for anything related to the product backlog, the roadmap and our mobile app in general
- Partner with other key stakeholders like the Group Product Managers, Engineering Manager, Solution Architects
The Skill Set
- Previous mobile-related experience ideally in a Mobile only or Mobile first Software company
- Experience managing a Product Backlog (prioritizing and negotiating, clarifying requirements, leading a team of engineers in an Agile environment), in the context of a product with many dependencies - or at least Technical Project Management experience
- Demonstrated ability to work with Engineering and Product Management teams to discuss technical concepts, make tradeoffs to remove roadblocks, and evaluate new ideas
- Team spirit and good communications skills, including the ability to communicate solutions effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Leadership and conflict resolution skills necessary
- You have working proficiency in English (level B2 or equivalent)
- With an Engineering diploma
- Enthusiasm for our culture explained here
What we offer
- Compensation. Competitive package (including a variable component and equity)
- Benefits/Perks. RTT, luncheon vouchers, 50% off on the transport subscription, Gymlib access, health insurance (Alan), generous parental leave policy. Level up your skills with our very own platform. Apero with team members from around the world.
- Balance. We are remote-friendly and promote flexible work hours.
- Culture. Be a part of a global team. We are powered through our culture called Convexity (ask us about it)! Make an impact in a high autonomy, low authority and highly nimble environment.
- Call with our Talent Acquisition Manager
- Discovery Meeting with our Mobile PM
- Case study Presentation with our Mobile PM and our Group Product Manager
- Clarification meeting with one web PM and one Mobile Software Engineer
- Culture Fit Meeting with our CEO
Who We Are
360Learning empowers Learning and Development teams to drive culture and growth through Collaborative Learning. Our learning platform combines collaborative tools with the power of an LMS, enabling high-growth companies to unlock learning based on collective expertise instead of top-down knowledge. 360Learning is the easiest way to onboard new employees, train customer-facing teams, and develop professional skills–all from one place.
360Learning powers the future of work at 1,500 organizations, including Toyota, Criteo, and Airbus. Founded in 2012, 360Learning has raised $240 million, with 300+ team members across New York, Paris, and London. You can learn more in this blog post from our CEO: https://360learning.com/blog/top-down-management/.
Learning Includes Everyone.
In concert with our culture, 360Learning believes learning includes everyone and that means embracing the strengths of diversity, connectedness, and inclusion. Through conscientious efforts, our global footprint celebrates cultures, perspectives, and experiences from all over the world to support our platform that is built for all regardless of race, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, neurodiversity, disability status, citizenship, veteran status or any other aspect which makes an individual unique or protected by laws and regulations in the locations where we operate. Thus, 360Learning is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, and we commit to continue this throughout our processes for recruitment, compensation, benefits, performance, promotion, and all other conditions and terms of employment. We want to learn from and with you!