Manager, Technical Program Management - Inventory Management
At Nordstrom, we strive to provide the most relevant assortment in our Nordstrom stores, Nordstrom Rack and Online. Forecasting customer trends and distributing Inventory to the right place at the right time is how we, the Inventory Management team, connect to our customers and keep them coming back for more!
Nordstrom Technology is looking for a Manager, Technical Program Management for the Inventory Management Technology team. Our team is responsible for delivering technology solutions supporting our inventory position, which is the company's single largest asset and the biggest lever of gross margin. How efficiently we manage inventory has a direct impact on the company's bottom line. Our team is uniquely positioned to have a significant impact on company results and support the overall company experience. This role works with Product and the core leadership team to create and maintain a product delivery roadmap. This person needs an agile mentality to work with our cross functional tech and business teams. The Manager, Technical Program Management will be a key member of our leadership team and will support a team of Technical Program Managers. The ideal candidate will have hands-on project and program management experience as well as experience leading and implementing Agile practices.
We're undergoing a technology revolution, transforming traditional retail to delight our customers worldwide. Your impact will be felt by many millions of people who rely on Nordstrom to feel and look great.
If you want freedom to drive your own career and make an impact in people's lives all the while getting unmatched support from a company like no other, we'd love to talk to you. Finally, in this group we emphasize teamwork, work and play as one, succeed or fail together or not at all. If this sounds like you, we'd love to meet.
A day in the life...
- Manage and support a team that delivers programs of high impact, risk and complexity while building and executing integrated plans across multiple teams
- Hire diversified, capable, and motivated talent/teams that can deliver swiftly and predictably, adjusting in an agile fashion to deliver solutions aligned with business needs
- End to end ownership of multiple cross-functional projects, including product definition, roadmap planning, resource planning and project execution
- Collaborate with Product, the business and other technology teams across the organization to identify and prioritize solutions and build a roadmap that can be delivered
- Manage risks, assumptions, dependencies, and timelines
- Work with engineering to ensure speed and quality of delivery and manage resource planning
- Own direct communication with leadership team and stakeholders
- Be a technical problem solver on the team, identifying innovative solutions to project deadlocks and resolving issues and constraints through consensus and sound judgment
- Responsible for making project decisions, achieving tactical goals while retaining a strategic focus
- Identify valuable analytics for improved team performance
- Coach and mentor your team as well as your peers across the wider organization
- On occasion, step in to fill the role of an individual contributor on smaller projects or when a team member is unavailable
You own this if you have...
- 5+ years of experience delivering complex software solutions as a Technical Program Manager
- 2+ years technical leadership or managing/developing teams
- A 4-year degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical discipline
- Technology background, especially in a hybrid cloud-based architecture with a deep understanding of software development, passion for data and analytics
- Proven track record of leading large cross-functional agile software projects
- Ability to roll up sleeves and operate as an individual contributor to get the job done; at the same time, be able to guide a team toward an objective
- Both business and technical acumen, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions
- Strong customer and stakeholder empathy. You must be not only the voice of the customer. You must be able to channel many points of view, synthesize them and drive alignment even in times of friction and disagreement.
How we work
- With others. We have remote collaboration tools where our teams work together collectively to build out technical solutions.
- With transparency. We encourage open dialog and discourse. We don't encourage silos.
- With agility. We don't believe in following a process for process's sake. We ship frequently and focus on delivering incremental value.
- With open minds. We are committed to building a diverse team of people with unique perspectives. This encourages a healthy and inclusive environment that builds a more sustainable, successful company.
- With pride. We value our people most of all. We invest in ourselves by applying our own strengths and interests to the company.
We've got you covered...
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- Medical/Vision, Dental, Retirement and Paid Time Away
- Life Insurance and Disability
- Merchandise Discount and EAP Resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2021 Nordstrom
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.
Hourly and salary pay ranges specific to Colorado are listed below, which is provided in compliance with Colorado law. Nordstrom continues to remain competitive with pay and benefits in all markets.
Minimum - $12.55/hr
Maximum - $46.10/hr
Salary (Non-Exempt and Exempt)
Minimum - $30,200/annual
Maximum - $289,200/annual