We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
In this role, you’ll serve as a founding leader of Coinbase’s market intelligence team. You will monitor and understand the key trends driving the crypto industry: sourcing, evaluating, and enhancing data sets, building scalable processes, and delivering actionable insights that will influence our long-term product roadmap. Successful candidates for this position will have a deep understanding of the crypto and financial services product landscape, including players, technologies, and underlying dynamics. They will partner with senior product and engineering leaders and communicate their findings and recommendations across the company.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Serve as a key industry expert & thought leader with deep insight into the industry and Coinbase peers
- Provide sophisticated research and analysis on market and competitive trends to create deeply researched observations about the direction of Coinbase and its peer, presenting insights directly to the Executive Team
- Build a robust platform to identify, acquire, and enhance qualitative and quantitative industry data
- Effectively communicate actionable insights and recommendations to executives and product & engineering leaders
- Serve as a “talent magnet” who can build and mentor a high-performing team to scale the group’s impact
- Collaborate with a range of cross-functional partners, including Corporate Development, Business Operations, Data, Marketing, Coverage, & Business Development
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- Degree in engineering, business, economics, marketing, analytics, or other related quantitative discipline
- 10+ years of experience in market or competitive intelligence, management consulting, business operations, or other relevant field
- 5+ years of experience managing a team; a track record of managerial expertise in growing & developing high-functioning teams
- Track record of success in building and scaling a team focused on market insights and analysis
- Experience in analytics and modeling, including advanced proficiency with spreadsheet modeling and moderate knowledge of SQL
- Keen structured & strategic thinking, with an innate ability to synthesize complex information from a variety of sources into implementable recommendations
- Desire to do whatever it takes to solve complex problems and build scalable processes
- Passion for cryptocurrency and Coinbase’s mission
Nice to haves
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, economics, marketing, analytics, or other related quantitative discipline
- Prior experience in the crypto and/or fintech / financial services industries
- Technical experience with R, Python, or related analytics tools
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $254,150 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.