Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Strategic Operations (StratOps) Strategic Support Unit, consists of Washington DC Operations, Marketing & Communications and Strategic Development. The StratOps team promotes and elevates the business within our markets, works with customers and competition to influence and drive the growth of Ball Aerospace and facilitates collaboration across the business enterprise to increase opportunities.
MarCom Specialist II – Administrator, Project Lead
The Marketing and Communications team is looking for an Administrator, Project Lead to perform a variety of complex executive level functions and projects in support internal and external customers and events, general business and team member support across Ball Aerospace and for the department. Timely and accurate completion of projects and routine exercise of independent judgment, initiative, and handling of highly confidential information is required. This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced energetic, self-motivated, organized, and analytical professional to work with a fast-paced team, in collaborative and supportive environment.
What You’ll Do:
- General administrative support to the Sr. Director of Marketing and Communications (MarCom) to include managing calendar, preparation of background/briefing materials for meetings, gathering of agenda items, action item tracking, and facilitating approval requests.
- Coordination of travel and processing of expense reports for Sr. Director and MarCom Leadership Team.
- Manage and track Sponsorship and Membership databases; manage the MarCom department P-Card, process payments for P-Card and invoices, and compile monthly reports for the MarCom Leadership Team meetings.
- Process MarCom team member expense/mileage reports.
- Coordination of internal and external communications with Ball Aerospace Strategic Business Units (SBU) and Strategic Support Units (SSU).
- Coordination of MarCom Direct Staff and Leadership Team meetings.
- Coordination of meetings with the executive staff.
- Orchestrate department bi-weekly and quarterly All-Hands meetings including scheduling and preparation of presentation materials.
- Orchestrate arrangements for department onsite and offsite events, including milestone celebrations and networking events.
- Support the Senior Manager, Customer Engagement, and Internal/External events with calendar planning for events, and support with catering, set up and other activities.
- Manage office moves (MAC requests) and coordinate new hire onboarding.
- Assist with operational budget planning and develop a clear understanding of the MarCom budget, government charging practices and protocols, and provide charging guidance to the MarCom team.
- Maintain the MarCom SharePoint sites.
- Represent MarCom on the Administrative Leadership Team by providing relevant communications and partnering on company-wide administrative initiatives.
- Perform in an open and fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions/distractions, while maintaining a professional demeanor.
- Demonstrate high caliber customer service capabilities in support of the business objectives.
- Manage special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 3 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of related experience. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to plan and anticipate needs.
- Strong computer skills including PC-based applications such as: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint), Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Project, Internet Explorer, Teams. Adobe Creative Suite would be desired.
- Strong calendar management skills coupled with the ability to sort the urgent from the non-urgent.
- Excellent written and presentation preparation skills.
- Proven ability to perform a variety of clerical and administrative duties requiring financial acumen, initiative and exercise of independent judgment while adhering to Ball policies and procedures.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multitask, attention to detail and follow-through.
- Ability to interact and communicate professionally and diplomatically with individuals at all levels of the organization as well as external constituencies.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with a demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands and produce desired results.
- Ability to form trusting relationships with staff of key stakeholders both internal and external.
- Embracing of diverse and inclusive environments.
- High integrity and discretion.
- Must be able to handle confidential material and information on a regular basis, maintain discretion and display a high degree of trust and professionalism.
- Demonstrated project management experience.
- Work is performed in an office environment.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $59,000 - $80,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.