Able builds and manages great technology teams. Our teams consist of exceptional Product Designers, Software Engineers, Product Managers, and all-around company builders. We focus on creating small teams that work closely with partners (our term for “clients”) to start, accelerate, and grow business using technology. Our teams are capable of addressing every stage of the product life cycle including product strategy, research, design, and engineering. Every team enjoys a significant competitive advantage on day one by drawing from our portfolio of proven practices, internal tools, and intellectual property.
Able is seeking a Managing Director of Business to join our growing team. The Managing Director of Business is a member of the Leadership Team, and plays a critical role leading our global teams. As the Managing Director of Business, you will build and manage our human resources, operations, recruiting, and finance teams.What you’ll be doing
- Manage high priority business initiatives from conception through successful execution, collaborating with cross-functional internal team members, consultants and external vendors as needed
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve current processes across functional areas (human resources, operations, recruiting, finance), optimizing our procedures for efficiency and productivity
- Identify operational bottlenecks and build scalable solutions that drive our growth and improve overall business performance
- Oversee company’s spending and financial health, and prepare financial reports with the finance team
- Manage the quarterly and annual budgeting process and P&L responsibilities
- Work with the CEO to take our company goals and operationalize them across the company; co-lead annual goal setting with OKRs and measure performance and business health on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis
- Develop a planning and execution framework around our company OKRs/KPIs and design scalable processes for tracking and reporting progress toward goals
- Establish policies that promote company Core Values and vision
- Partner with other critical functions across the organization such as Product, Engineering, and Sales to identify organizational workflow blockers and find solutions to achieve OKRs/KPIs
- Executive-level experience and 15+ years of related career experience; prior experience in a high-growth, product based business strongly preferred
- Expertise and leadership experience in human resources, operations, recruiting, finance, legal/compliance
- Ability to manage and motivate cross-functional teams by exhibiting strong Core Values, providing and receiving feedback openly, and offering professional development opportunities
- A proven track record of implementing cross-functional department systems, organizational structures, and processes to achieve the organization’s OKRs and KPIs
- Ability to develop company strategy in collaboration with the CEO and transforming strategic priorities into actionable workstreams
- We are a team of all-around company builders who are both ambitious and down to earth
- We offer competitive base compensation, 100% employer-paid health benefits, 401k, paid parental leave, snacks, and a flexible office environment
- Diversity adds value to everything we do — we hire a wide range of backgrounds and experiences to allow the team to bring their own unique ways of thinking and working to each project
- We host team lunches and outings (when it is safe to do so)
- We believe in giving back to the community and helping others, which is why we give the team social impact hours to use at their discretion
- We offer flexible paid time off for all full-time employees (including vacation, sick days, and wellness days) because we understand the value of health, relaxation, spending time with friends and family, and traveling the world
- We believe a healthy body equals a healthy mind, so we offer a monthly health and wellness reimbursement
- Champion Outcomes Over Effort; You take ownership of problems and emphasize that the results created are more important than the time we spend or the approach that we take
- Contribute to the Solution; You are responsible for identifying issues, and doing what you can to help solve them
- Put People First; You emphasize people and relationships over process or ideas. You seek to build and reinforce trust with colleagues and clients
- Commit to Diversity; You contribute to a world where everyone can be themself, together
- Get Better Every Day; You believe we all have the ability to improve and we're driven to help everyone be the best they can be
Able builds technology products in a portfolio model. We believe that people, teams, and processes are more important than the ideas themselves, so we’ve focused on bringing great people together, and investing in their growth.
We’ve built products in a variety of industries. Everything from media to finance to toys to healthcare. Sometimes we work with management teams to help their businesses grow faster or unlock value using technology. Other times we start or buy businesses outright. Each time, we look for opportunities to leverage technology built at the portfolio-level to drive value faster.
Able is committed to inclusion and diversity and is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.