"The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 430 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, and create across thousands of communities.
At Reddit, Technical Program Managers use technical judgement to define and drive large programs across multiple engineering teams. They are a welcome partner to engineering leaders in project discussions impacting planning and execution. They engage with engineering staff in determining root causes, identifying and selecting from alternative solutions, and use their technical expertise to understand the effects, impacts, and risks of a solution. They build execution processes and reduce inefficiencies.
We are looking for an experienced Manager to join our TPPE (Technical Programs, Planning & Execution) team to help us scale the core TPM engineering function. As a TPM manager, you will support your team members in leading cross-functional initiatives spanning the breadth of teams across the entire Reddit company. You will focus on developing careers, setting guidelines and sharing best practices, providing hands-on coaching and mentorship for your reports. You will also act as a TPM on cross-cutting projects yourself as needed.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and grow a set of individuals across multiple locations, including providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching, and career growth.
- Be a key driver of engineering process improvement in areas such as execution, tracking and cross functional communication
- Partner with engineering leaders to set the strategy, roadmap and prioritization for the organization and your own TPM team
- Lead the organizational planning and roadmapping process for the tech org
- Personally drive some of the most impactful programs across the company
What We Can Expect From You:
- 4+ years of management experience, preferably with a geographically distributed team.
- 8+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- Strong technical acumen - able to “hold your own” with the technical leadership team and pass simple system design interviews.
- Experience operating autonomously and leading across multiple teams, with stakeholders in different disciplines across time zones.
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience in finding and growing talent through coaching, mentoring, and career development conversations
What You Can Expect From Us:
- Competitive Healthcare Benefits Package
- Quarterly Dependent Care or Pet Care Stipend
- Family Expansion Benefits
- 4 Months Parental Leave with Flexible Return-To-Work Programming
- Professional & Personal Development Stipends
- Unlimited Vacation, Annual Travel Stipend, and 10 Paid Holidays
- Onsite Wellness Classes and Wellness Stipend
- 401k Plan with Employer Contributions
- Monthly Commuter Stipend
- Monthly Cell Phone Allowance
- Paid Volunteer Days, plus Reddit For Good Volunteer Opportunities
Reddit is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at [email protected].