Manager, Technical Program Management at DigitalOcean
The Manager of Technical Program Management will evolve and drive the development, implementation and communication of processes that will drive our agile development model while aligning with top level business goals. We are looking for a tenured, committed leader who will oversee and execute the Technical Program Management mission to advance and drive consistency between engineering and central business processes.What You’ll Be Doing: Leadership, Strategy, Execution
- Provide coaching and guidance to staff members, participate in devising career development plans and talent reviews
- Serve as an evangelist for the team and overall culture, both internally and externally
- Lead, mentor and develop a high performing team of Technical Program Management experts that focus on serving our company by managing strategy, priorities, resource allocation, capacity planning and overall productivity within the CTO organization
- Define, design and drive decisions needed to ensure business outcomes are met
- Develop end-to-end delivery plans including defining key metrics, milestones and work breakdowns
- Streamline and simplify collaboration and product execution between Engineering, Product leaders, and other business groups
- Identify and manage project dependencies by elaborating product requirements and influencing stakeholders across the company
- B.S. Computer Science or related technical discipline
- Significant experience and proven track record leading a Technical Program Management function in a high-growth rapidly changing organization
- Experience leading distributed, remote teams including but not limited to career planning, coaching, and developing long term focused actions plans
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs from concept to completion and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return
- Prior success managing and driving change and transformation including but not limited to new products, customers and partners
- Strong ability to communicate to executives, peers, and staff with impact, eloquence, and authenticity
- Lead by influence, empower teams and develop employees. Create an environment where team members are encouraged to take risks and innovate to improve programs, processes, personal skills and customer experience
- Process and operational rigor. Always looking for ways to share best practices, improve existing processes, and build repeatable processes for teams
- Creative thinker with outstanding interpersonal and communication skills
- Prior success leading teams through market expansion and periods of high growth and rapid change
- We value development. You will work with some of the smartest and most interesting people in the industry. We are a high-performance organization that is always challenging ourselves to continuously grow. We maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development through formalized mentorship, LinkedIn Learning tracks, and other internal programs. We also provide all employees with reimbursement for relevant conferences, training, and education.
- We care about your physical, financial and mental well-being. We offer competitive health, dental, and vision benefits for employees and their dependents, a monthly gym stipend to support your physical health, and a commute or internet allowance to make your trips to your office or your desk easier. We offer generous parental leave with transition time built-in upon return to work. We offer competitive compensation and a 401k plan with up to a 4% employer match.
- We support our remote employee experience. While we have great office spaces in NYC and Cambridge, we’re very distributed—we use a number of communication tools to connect across the company—and all remote employees have the opportunity to visit our offices and meet their teams face-to-face at team offsites. We also have an annual company offsite, Shark Week, to get quality in-person time with the entire company at least once a year. We also allow employees to outfit their workstations to meet their needs—whether remote or in office.
- We value diversity and inclusivity. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For all CO residents, please click here
Department: Engineering #LI-Remote
Want to learn more about our Engineering team? Click here!
Want an inside look into life at DO? Click here to hear from our employees!