Manager, Project Management, Marketing at Circle (Remote)
Circle is a global financial technology firm that enables businesses of all sizes to harness the power of digital currency and public blockchains for payments, commerce and financial applications worldwide. Circle platforms and products provide a suite of internet-native financial services for payments, treasury infrastructure and capital formation. Circle is also a principal developer of USD Coin (USDC), which has become the fastest growing dollar digital currency in the world. USDC has grown to over 53+ billion in circulation and supported over $1.9+ trillion in transactions in the past year. Circle’s payments and treasury infrastructure services available through the Circle Account and APIs helps bridge the legacy financial system and digital currency and blockchain based finance. Circle’s SeedInvest service brings internet-native fundraising and capital formation to startups and growth companies. Combined, Circle’s suite of services helps companies to participate in a more open, global and inclusive financial system.
What you’ll be part of:
With the mission “To raise global economic prosperity through the frictionless exchange of financial value,” Circle was founded on the belief that the internet, blockchains and digital currency will rewire the global economic system, creating a fundamentally more open, inclusive, efficient and integrated world economy. We envision a global economy where people and businesses everywhere can more freely connect and transact with each other with new technologies for digital money and internet-native finance. We believe such a system can raise prosperity for people and companies everywhere. Our mission is powered by the values we espouse and which we expect all Circlers to respect. We are Multistakeholder, serving the needs of our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world. Furthermore, we are also Mindful, Driven by Excellence, and High Integrity.
What you’ll be responsible for:
As a Manager of Project Management in the Marketing organization reporting to the Director of Project Management, you will hit the ground running by owning, leading and managing the planning, coordination and execution of all types of Marketing projects. This includes the project process by which we create project plans, lead project team activities, track progress, mitigate risks, manage the resolution of issues and monitor and communicate project status. You will own, manage and lead Marketing Events by partnering with Field Marketing and cross-functional teams. You will help pioneer new tools, process improvements and ways to gain efficiencies across the Marketing organization. You will assist with project strategy and planning. You will assist the PM Director with budget management, forecasting, allocations and project operations, including documentation.
What you'll work on:
- Lead marketing campaigns and projects of all sizes by managing scope, deliverables, timing, risks and release planning and by partnering with cross-functional teams to drive team alignment in order to address tactical issues, timing, dependencies, program status, milestones, etc.
- Lead and manage a variety of projects from traditional marketing to digital marketing to field marketing, specifically events. Technology/website work is included.
- Assign tasks to internal teams and oversee the day-to-day progress of projects - working together to eliminate any blockers, specifically creative and web development workstreams.
- Lead and influence team process adoption and ways we work together. Enforce the process if necessary to keep the work streamlined, efficient and consistent with our process framework.
- Partner with other Project Managers, and cross-functional teams within Circle, to lead and support project planning sessions that define requirements, scope and objectives.
- Own and support the management of project work delivered by our third party partners.
- Establish strong relationships with all project stakeholders including cross-functional team members and leadership.
- Where and when necessary, establish new or improve existing processes and lead the roll out to stakeholders.
- Manage and enforce documentation as part of cross-functional team responsibilities and process.
- Support Director of PM with forecasting, allocation and project operations.
- Career-manage and mentor junior level project management team members.
You will aspire to our four core values:
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities.
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail.
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals.
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance.
What you’ll bring to Circle:
- You have 5+ years of project management experience which include events, digital and traditional marketing, and technical projects.
- You have at least 7+ years of working experience, ideally with 1+ year of management experience.
- You are a natural leader who is solutions- and delivery-focused.
- You have a proven track record of leading diverse, cross-functional project teams in the successful launch of new products or services, and marketing initiatives.
- You have led multiple large-scale, integrated projects concurrently, with little to no supervision depending upon project scope.
- Previous experience with leading event planning and execution, marketing campaigns and website development are a must.
- You can hit the ground running with little information, and even with ambiguity can successfully create project plans that drive team alignment and task completion throughout the project’s lifecycle.
- You are a fast-learner and can think quickly on your feet. You are able to pivot in different directions with little notice and discomfort, and can successfully align the team seamlessly to the change.
- You are an incredible communicator both verbally and in writing. You are comfortable interfacing with all levels of the organization.
- You have outstanding change management skills with the ability to lead teams through change.
- You are passionate about processes and continuously improving workflows.
- You are detail-oriented, highly analytical and a skilled multi-tasker, who is organized by nature.
- You are self-motivated, attentive, and always follow through.
- You have a strong work ethic and genuinely enjoy learning and being challenged every day.
- You are comfortable working autonomously or as part of a team.
- You have had success with leading and working within a distributed team model.
- You have experience working with CMSs - ideally HubSpot.
- You have experience working with project management tools; Wrike or Smartsheet experience is a plus.
- A basic understanding of crypto assets and blockchain technology is a plus with a strong desire to learn more. You are passionate about bringing this technology to the mainstream.
- Additional PMI/Agile/Scrum certifications are a plus.
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Circle. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.#LI-Remote