Manager, Program Management - Strategic Programs at Coinbase
Coinbase has built the world's leading compliant cryptocurrency platform serving over 30 million accounts in more than 100 countries. With multiple successful products, and our vocal advocacy for blockchain technology, we have played a major part in mainstream awareness and adoption of cryptocurrency. We are proud to offer an entire suite of products that are helping build the cryptoeconomy and increase economic freedom around the world.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, disrupt ourselves, and expect sustained high performance because we play as a championship team. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people with the desire and capacity to build and share expertise in the frontier technologies of crypto and blockchain, in whatever way is most relevant to their role.
We’re looking for a Sr. Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. We drive cross-functional alignment, create process efficiency, and deliver initiatives on the required timeline through consistent planning and tracking.
What you’ll be doing (ie. job duties):
- Work with the Director of International Product and the VP of International to build international operational frameworks (e.g. reporting structures, escalation best practices, knowledge sharing across regional teams, communications)
- Build and manage scalable international quarterly planning process (international expansion at Coinbase touches almost every team in the company, yet is driven by a cohesive international strategy)
- Lead (or manage other PGMs leading) large scale projects in support of our international market expansion that are highly complex & cross functional in nature
- Build detailed functional documents, project / release plans, comms plans, and roadmap gantt charts to keep your programs on track and coordinated
- Collaborate with external & internal partners (Vendors, Product Management, Finance, Legal Compliance etc.) to gather business requirements and define program objectives
- Establish strong working relationships with cross-functional teams & partners to ensure there is alignment, buy-in and ongoing support of your programs
- Drive accountability from all work stream owners & contributing partners, across the business, in support of your programs.
What we look for in you (ie. job requirements):
- 6 -10 years+ project, program or international expansion experience
- Prior experience working on global projects or in an international setting
- Understanding of the international regulatory landscape, financial compliance requirements and an understanding of the payments space
- Proven track record of handling large-scale projects across a variety of cross-functional teams
- Solutions oriented with a curious & analytical mentality
- Excellent communicator - can influence a wide range of partners, facilitate training to large groups, and is comfortable presenting to senior leaders
- Experience working at a tech company or has a track record of quickly ramping up on complex projects / environments.
- Able to handle multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves:
- Deep subject matter expertise or experience in crypto, Coinbase and International efforts
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management
- Prior experience working in fintech or traditional financial payments
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to [email protected] coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here). Please contact [email protected] coinbase.com for additional information or to request accommodations.Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here: Ireland/EU, United Kingdom, and California. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.