Manager, Program Management and Scrum at Atlassian (Peninsula)
We are looking for an Experienced manager to support and coach a team of program managers and scrum masters at Atlassian who help teams power our e-commerce buying experience on our website, Atlassian | Software Development and Collaboration Tools .
Our Buyer Experience group is growing, and we need a manager with solid understanding of portfolio prioritization processes and software development life cycle models of both Agile and traditional project management principles. You and your team will support our group in developing clear roadmaps, prioritized backlogs, a systemized project/feature request process, known velocity, company-wide transparency, checkpoints to continually improve especially as we scale, and most importantly the ability to deliver on commitments and customer/business value while crafting an extraordinary ecommerce experience.
In this role, you'll get to be our:
- Manager of Scrum masters/Program Managers
- Focus on growing and building a strong, productive, and satisfied team.
- People management of a team providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth.
- Manage resource allocation and team optimization for effective service delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, negotiating and team building.
- Lead cross functional groups of programs
- Creating plans and tracking deliverables and milestones.
- Identify issues and risks; initiate corrective actions and mitigation strategies as appropriate.
- Demonstrate ability to manage multiple complex projects - work prioritization, planning and task delegation.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with all stakeholders, within the team, within the group, and beyond; Manage and facilitate program and cross-organization meetings.
- Responsible and accountable for the coordinated management of multiple program work streams.
- Manage and resolve dependencies between different project work streams/projects.
Agile Scrum Coach
- Guide the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight stakeholders.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and leading by example.
- Remove impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, conflict resolution, sprint planning, scrums, scrum of scrums, sprint reviews, project reviews and retrospectives.
On your first day, we expect you to have:
- 15+ years of experience in PMO related roles (project manager, program manager, scrum master)
- 5+ years of experience as a people manager:
- Experience managing a team.
- Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
- Experience managing diverse set of skills sets, such as scrum masters, project managers and cross-functional program managers.
- 5+ years of experience as scrum master, program manager or project manager implementing strategic initiatives.
- Work closely with project sponsor, cross-functional teams, and assigned project managers to plan and develop scope, deliverables, required resources, work plan, budget, and timing for new initiatives
- Analyze, evaluate, and overcome program risks, and produce program reports for management and stakeholders Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
- Working knowledge of e-commerce
- Scrum Master or PMP certification (CSM, PMI-ACP, or PMP) and hands-on experience Expert knowledge of backlog tracking, burndown metrics, velocity, user stories etc.
- Strong understanding of the value of metrics and iterative delivery
- Energetic and encouraging "coaching" style
- Experience working with Atlassian tools including Jira and Confluence
More About You:
- You are an experienced manager who has developed a team of scrum masters/project managers for web development teams, ideally for public-facing e-commerce sites.
- Your expertise and enthusiasm for agile methodologies and continuous improvement energizes those around you. You have the ability to communicate information clearly to a variety of audiences to help drive consensus.
- You have passion for excellence, rare attention to detail, and a demonstrated ability to deliver results in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Finally, you are passionate and eager to be the servant-leader for the teams who are responsible for bringing a world-class buyer experience to our website visitors.
More about our Team
As part of the Atlassian Buyer Experience team, you will help us:
Own the product vision, strategy and buying experience on Atlassian | Software Development and Collaboration Tools
Experiment, test and optimize to build a frictionless and tailored end-to-end experience
Partner with product marketing to bring marketing campaigns to life on the site
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .