The R&D Learning Enablement team's mission is to amplify practices and experiences that have a positive impact on our R&D team effectiveness. A critical program in how we fulfill this mission is through onboarding programs for our R&D functions.
This role will be responsible for the direct management of the team that is responsible for the delivery, maintenance, and evolution of our global Engineering onboarding program we call team::merge(). In this role you will lead a team of instructors, manage the curriculum and roadmap of the onboarding program, and explore areas scope beyond where it is currently with the goal for Engineers to have the most effective onboarding possible in their first 90 days.
In this role, you'll get to:
- Be excited to explore and innovate in the problem space of effective engineering onboarding.
- Lead a global team of technical onboarding instructors.
- Be accountable to the outcomes of the onboarding program.
- Collaborate with the team and the Engineering organization to manage and drive improvements through a roadmap.
- Be the key first-level escalation point and communicate program updates to stakeholders and partners.
- Occasional direct facilitation likely required
- Explore and align on the future of Engineering and R&D onboarding by diving into the problem space.
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- Prior experience in an engineering or product organization, either as a former engineer directly or related positions that work with engineers on a daily basis, ie technical training, technical writing, technical program management, etc. This should show itself as being able to empathize and communicate to engineers with credibility and in their language.
- 1 year experience being a lead or manager
- Experience with program management and roadmapping for technical training programs.
- Ability to solve escalation issues from the program and
- Communication and relationship building skills with different stakeholders, including line managers, engineering leaders, and special guests who will be contributing to the total experience of the program.
More about our team
The R&D Learning Enablement team, as part of the Programs and Practices organization, has an exciting mission and roadmap to enable the best ways-of-working for cross-functional teams in the emerging future of work. We invite you to join in this incredible time to be a part of defining that future together.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who's who of tech is why we're here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned-collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we're looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we're committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team .
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we've identified and you think you can rock the role, we'd love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian's culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub .