Manager, Agile Program Manager (Remote-Eligible)
As an Agile Program Manager, you will lead and support a group of teams in driving delivery leveraging Scaled Agile practices and ceremonies. You will be responsible for driving progress towards Program goals, while also serving as a centralized point for the escalation and removal of impediments, and risk management.
The Agile Program Manager will also prepare, execute, and guide through Agile ceremonies, such as Program Increment planning, Demos, and Scrum of Scrums. Understanding Agile Methodologies, Change Management, SDLC, Release Management, and Project Management tools and processes are common skills in this role.
- Drive successful and timely completion of Enterprise imperatives
- Focus teams to efficiently deliver value
- Drive Agile maturity and innovation approaches across a set of teams
- Coach teams on the basics of Scrum or Kanban (as needed) in simple terms
- Foster a motivating culture of openness, collaboration, and continuous improvement
- Coordinate across other Agile teams for dependency management
- Leverage data to measure & monitor progress against commitments
- Escalate and resolve impediments to help your team with processes
- Ensure solutions are implemented using optimal methods, strategies and processes within time and budget guidelines
- Identify technical, performance, and other issues and proactively communicate with RTE and other stakeholders about best practices
- Identify and manage risks, assumptions, and escalation
- Deliver event-related communications and status updates
- Analyze metrics (quality, delivery rate, etc) to identify areas of opportunity and work with team to continuously improve
Successful Candidate Experience:
- Relevant Agile training and certifications
- Experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Experience managing projects or complex system integrations
- Experience working independently in a fast paced, unstructured environment
Successful Candidate Interests:
- You enjoy being on cutting edge, high profile projects and are motivated by delivering solutions on an aggressive schedule
- You are not content simply facilitating but instead you regularly look for ways to roll up your sleeves to help the team meet commitments
- You have a knack for spotting and resolving ambiguity
- You care deeply about those around you and like to use your wit to motivate them
- You enjoy learning new things and mentoring more junior team members
- You look first to try to prevent problems but eagerly dig in to solve them when they arise
- To you, the spirit of the team is just as important as the product it produces
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent certification
- At least 3 years of program or project management experience
- At least 3 years of experience in technology delivery (software or infrastructure)
- At least 3 years of Agile Delivery experience utilizing Scrum, Kanban or SAFe methodologies
- Bachelor's Degree
- 2+ years of people management experience
- 2+ years of experience using Jira
- PMP certification
- One of the following SAFe certifications: SAFe Practitioner (SP), Scrum Master (SSM), SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE), or Scaled Agile Program Consultant (SPC)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-800-304-9102 or via email at [email protected] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [email protected]
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).