Manager, Account and Project Management at Thermo Fisher Scientific (Pittsburgh, PA)
Within the marketing team, the Manager, Account & Project Management is responsible for successfully managing a business account by effectively leading roadmap landmarks, priorities, overarching communications, and a team of project managers. We need someone who will understand the account's business goals and desired outcomes, successfully lead PMs to prioritize and deliver on marketing roadmap initiatives and requests and proactively plan future work, all while building relationships and managing partner expectations.
Do you love to work collaboratively with other functions within an innovative marketing team? This role collaborates with Marketing Planning, Market Development, Digital Marketing, Creative and Brand, and Operations, among others. We are looking for an excellent communicator, a hard-working and proactive problem-solver who works well in a team-oriented, collaborative culture, and someone who thrives at being engaged at all levels, possessing ownership, responsibility, and accountability!
- Work with cross-functional marketing leadership to understand the business' priorities, annual operating plan, campaign objectives, results, and delivery dates and provide PM team mentorship to develop clear and practical project plans
- Maintain a balance between the business objectives, desires and priorities, creative standards, and Agile methodologies
- Ensure the successful communication of business goals and priorities, inclusive of supporting the alignment of cross-squad dependencies, risks, and takeaways
- Lead sprint planning to develop user stories, campaign briefs, and project work
- Efficiently and effectively lead day-to-day account needs and communicate effectively in difficult and time-sensitive situations.
- Have a solid understanding of operational management systems and tools, working with operations to adjust the tools as required to run the daily work effectively
- Serve as point-of-contact for the account, and some campaign and project-related work, proactively setting and managing project plans and expectations
- Develop trusted advisor relationships with partners and executive sponsors
- Identify areas of improvement and develop new innovative ways to solve complex customer problems
- Onboard and introduce new partners to shared service capabilities, processes, and standard methodologies
- Supervise a project management team
- Responsible for the onboarding, coaching, and development of project managers
- Ensure standards are consistently met, processes and scheduling techniques are uniformly followed, budgets are maintained, and target dates are reached
- Proven track record to build positive team environments-
- Identify and delegate initiatives to the PM team based on strengths and development opportunities
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, advertising, or related field required
- A minimum of 7-10 years of validated experience in a marketing environment or similar required
- 2-3 years of proven know-how in a people management role preferred
- Experience working closely with creative teams, and an understanding of the different specifications and processes for print and digital design production are preferred
- Experience managing marketing and creative milestones and process steps, ensuring that the team provides both high-quality and efficient results while upholding brand standards
- Attention to detail and organization skills
- Influential people and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work swiftly and meet project timelines in a fast-paced creative environment
- A track record of gaining trust, consensus, and respect by consistently demonstrating critical thinking skills and maintaining composure in stressful situations
- Agile Project Management certification is highly desirable
- Experience with project management tool(s) required
This position has not been approved for Relocation Assistance.