Localization Program Manager at Okta (Remote)
Okta is seeking a seasoned Localization Program Manager to join our R&D Globalization team to advocate and drive adoption of innovative localization solutions to deliver a delightful user experience for our global customers.
You will be responsible for executing localization strategies and owning end-to-end localization operations for various teams within R&D, liaising with our global vendors to produce on-time, quality localized deliverables.
You are an experienced localization expert and are well-versed in orchestrating localization processes and understand the latest in localization technologies. Focused on driving successful outcomes, you will use data to drive informed decisions to advocate adoption of industry-standard globalization best practices.
To be successful in this role, you will need to have a blend of business insights, planning, communication, people, and project management skillsResponsibilities:
- Drive end-to-end UI and/ or product documentation localization operations by liaising and owning the creation and management of high-level project and program timelines.
- Drive implementation and monitoring of language quality programs based on industry-standard KPIs.
- Ensure budgetary adherence for project and program spend.
- Drive continuous localization.
- Implement, maintain and update localization processes, with a focus on automation and systems integration.
- Contribute to the long-term strategy and planning for the Globalization team.
- Advise and educate internal customers and stakeholders on i18n and l10n best practices.
- Support the use of data to course correct and optimize localization decisions.
- Define and plan content projects, set targets, and measure success and effectiveness of deliverables leveraging Agile methodology.
- 5+ years experience executing complex localization programs in a technology organization.
- Thorough understanding of end-to-end localization process for UI (core product, or devices) and Technical Documentation.
- Thorough understanding of translation technologies: translation memories, translation management systems, machine translation, etc.
- Impeccable partnership-approach to vendor relationship management.
- Familiarity with internationalization standards such as Unicode and CLDR.
- Familiarity with industry-standard language quality metrics such as MQM or TAUS DQF.
- Experience with localization platforms, file formats, CAT tools and automation of managing translation workflow.
- Experience to stay focused under pressure, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Builder mindset with ability to navigate ambiguity and deliver strong advocacy for global customers.
- Experience managing data-driven language quality programs and performance monitoring.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and manage commitments effectively under pressure.
- Ability to analyze information, make connections, and demonstrate deep-level thinking to problem-solve.
Master’s degree in Translation or Localization Management, or a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
Okta is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Okta is rethinking the traditional work environment, providing our employees with the flexibility to be their most creative and successful versions of themselves, no matter where they are located. We enable a flexible approach to work, meaning for roles where it makes sense, you can work from the office, or from home, regardless of where you live. Okta invests in the best technologies and provides flexible benefits and collaborative work environments/experiences, empowering employees to work productively in a setting that best and uniquely suits their needs. Find your place at Okta https://www.okta.com/company/careers/.
By submitting an application, you agree to the retention of your personal data for consideration for a future position at Okta. More details about Okta’s privacy practices can be found at: https://www.okta.com/privacy-policy.
((Colorado, New York and Washington only*) Minimum OTE of $135,000.00/year + equity + benefits))