Lead Technical Project Manager at The Walt Disney Company
- Identifies, plans, and coordinates a set of related projects within a program, to manage their interdependencies in support of specific business strategies.
- Identify stakeholders, communicate effectively through identified communication outlets (e.g., email, meeting minutes, etc.), and proactively work with stakeholders to manage expectations.
- Work with the business areas and product owners to create clarity around business objectives through the development of scope and requirements.
- Develops and implements long-term goals and objectives to achieve the successful outcome of the program and participates in the annual long term planning, budgeting and operating plan to support the program.
- Anticipates stakeholder needs and develop, discuss and document potential solutions.
- Assesses program and project issues and identifies solutions to meet productivity, quality and customer goals.
- Responsible for shepherding technology projects from ideation to funding.
- Review incoming requests/new technology demand
- Collect and document project budget estimates using supplied templates
- Work with Finance to create funding documentation (Pro forma, CAR, capitalization)
- Prepare executive-facing status reports in collaboration with multiple team leads
- Work with PCS business areas to determine and actively manage to the project scope.
- Developing program and project management documents such as project management plans, schedules, budgets, RACI charts, project logs (e.g., risks, issues, actions, decisions, communications, change requests, and lessons learned, etc.)
- Act as a liaison between business users and implementation team, communicating appropriately and effectively with co-workers, customers and supervisors, maintaining awareness of project status and any potential delay, situation or concern that may affect the outcome of the projects.
- Managing the assignment of project tasks by developing the project team, assessing project engagement risks throughout, driving conclusions, and reviewing/challenging the output produced by the team.
- Track progress and review project tasks to make certain deadlines are met appropriately.
- Communicates with clients and other stakeholders to gain support for the program or specific projects.
- Conducts regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs and requirements continuously in view.
- Partner with Technology Sourcing and Procurement to conduct RFP/RFI in support of solution and estimates for initiatives.
- Coordinate with the procurement and business areas to successfully advertise the intended scope and requirements.
- Facilitate the coordination amongst stakeholders for Request for Proposal (RFP) collaboration and review.
- Coordinate the communication, presentations, demos and meetings between groups such as; business area stakeholders, procurement, and vendor partners for solicitation responses.
- Document vendor scoring and provide the results to the business area and procurement for final determination and award.
- Effectively prepare and present technical and/or educational documentation of assigned projects to enhance the knowledge project team members.
- Provide team mentoring and continuous professional development.
- Continue professional development through attendance at meetings, professional seminars and conferences.
Basic Qualifications :
• Seven to ten years’ of project management experience, managing diverse teams and complex projects.
• Experience working in technology project initiation in a large technology/digital environment.
• Experience creating business cases to secure project funding.
• Strategic thinker that is able to connect business outcomes to technology solutions, strong collaborator, analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
• Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization; including written, verbal, presentation and facilitation skills.
• Strong situational analysis and decision-making abilities.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Understanding of value-driven business outcomes and metrics.
• Experience with budget tracking and complex cost-benefit analysis.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Expertise with project management tools and/or software packages (Project Portfolio Management (PPM) Tools, such as Clarity, etc.)
• Expert proficiency in office productivity software and tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, Google Suite, SmartSheet, etc.)
• Project Management Professional™ (PMP ®), preferred.
• Experience with commercial systems.
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology, business-related discipline, or equivalent experience. Years of experience can be substituted for degree field.
Additional Information :