Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. This goes for the emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles we build, and the curious, courageous souls we seek to attract.
As a company, we constantly challenge what’s possible, never simply accepting what has always been done. We reframe old problems, seek new solutions and operate comfortably in areas that are unknown. Our backgrounds are diverse, but our team shares a love of the outdoors and a desire to protect it for future generations.
In this position you will assist in projects across multiple business units and operations to support and provide expertise in the development, implementation, and management of effective EHS programs. You are comfortable working with a wide variety of stakeholders to support and foster inter-department communications for sustainability, safety, and environmental matters. In addition, the position supports and drives continuous improvement at multiple sites while working with team members to identify solutions to EHS challenges.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated, adaptable, and has a willingness to learn and passion for environmental health and safety practices. Excellent organizational, project management and interpersonal skills will benefit this position greatly as they will have to interface with and guide other organizations in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Communicate with multiple groups and teams with diverse backgrounds.
- Act as a lead person or technical expert on complex projects.
- Ability to research different state and local regulatory requirements for permit applicability.
- Support projects and reporting requirements across multiple regulatory agencies such as but not limited to OSHA, NFPA, Air, Wastewater, Storm Water, Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasures (SPCC) and Hazardous Waste.
- Drive the implementation of EHS programs and initiatives across multiple internal business teams.
- Assist in preparing and submitting environmental and safety reports.
- Assist in cross department management and communication.
- Assist in research and development to support Environmental Social Governance (ESG) guided projects.
- Effectively teach others to assess risk, identify hazards, and implement appropriate controls.
- Familiar with property due diligence and environmental remediation.
- Inspect facilities to evaluate operational effectiveness and ensure compliance with environmental and safety regulations.
- Other assigned tasks as needed to support the Environmental, Health & Safety enterprise.
- Minimum 6 years of Environmental Health & Safety work experience in a Consulting, Manufacturing, or Laboratory setting.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Environmental, Business, Chemistry, Biology or other related fields.
- Proficient with Excel, Microsoft Office products, Word, PowerPoint.
- Must be able to travel up to 15% of the time.
Rivian is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information or characteristics, physical or mental disability, marital/domestic partner status, age, military/veteran status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Rivian is committed to ensuring that our hiring process is accessible for persons with disabilities. If you have a disability or limitation, such as those covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act, that requires accommodations to assist you in the search and application process, please email us at [email protected]Privacy
We take your privacy seriously. For details please see our Candidate Privacy Notice.