Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.Job Description What You’ll Do
- Ensure third party compliance with applicable laws and regulations affecting products.
- Ensure new and existing practices, policies, procedures, and training operate as effective controls to mitigate legal and regulatory risk.
- Leads assessments within vendor management program. Evaluates and scores due diligence materials related to a third-party service provider’s compliance management systems and abilities to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Partners with the business to remediate gaps and deficiencies related to a third-party service provider’s compliance management systems and abilities to comply with applicable laws and regulations. Ensures the business is adhering to standards with respect to oversight of third parties.
- Understands and reviews laws, regulations, and legal requirements linked to vendor engagements and provides effective challenge of mapped requirements in coordination with Advisory Attorneys.
- Coordinates and communicates due diligence requests with contacts within the business and third-party service providers.
- Provides vendor engagement status reporting to management.
- Provides training to appropriate groups within the business related to the requirements for complying with third-party risk management.
Qualifications You’ll Need
- Bachelors’ Degree in Business, Finance, or Law
- 4+ years’ compliance, audit, law, risk management experience, or related
- In lieu of a degree, 8+ years’ compliance, audit, law or risk management experience
Bonus Points If You Have
- 6+ years’ compliance, audit, law or risk management experience
- Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Certified Internal Auditor
- Other: CIPP
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
The same way we treat our employees is how we treat all applicants – with respect. Discover Financial Services is an equal opportunity employer (EEO is the law). We thrive on diversity & inclusion. You will be treated fairly throughout our recruiting process and without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status in consideration for a career at Discover.