IT Program & Project Manager - VP at Citi (Dallas, TX)
Citi, the leading global bank, has approximately 200 million customer accounts and does business in more than 160 countries and jurisdictions. Citi provides consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial products and services, including consumer banking and credit, corporate and investment banking, securities brokerage, transaction services, and wealth management.
As a bank with a brain and a soul, Citi creates economic value that is systemically responsible and in our clients' best interests. As a financial institution that touches every region of the world and every sector that shapes your daily life, our Enterprise Operations & Technology teams are charged with a mission that rivals any large tech company. Our technology solutions are the foundations of everything we do from keeping the bank safe, managing global resources, and providing the technical tools our workers need to be successful to designing our digital architecture and ensuring our platforms provide a first-class customer experience. We reimagine client and partner experiences to deliver excellence through secure, reliable, and efficient services.
Our commitment to diversity includes a workforce that represents the clients we serve from all walks of life, backgrounds, and origins. We foster an environment where the best people want to work. We value and demand respect for others, promote individuals based on merit, and ensure opportunities for personal development are widely available to all. Ideal candidates are innovators with well-rounded backgrounds who bring their authentic selves to work and complement our culture of delivering results with pride. If you are a problem solver who seeks passion in your work, come join us. We'll enable growth and progress together.
About Our Team:
Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) provides the critical technical foundation for Citi's operations and is responsible for delivering reliable IT solutions, scalable infrastructure services, and secure capabilities while creating a trusted customer experience and enabling Citi's workforce to be the best for our clients. Making the bank simpler, greener, and better connected while powering it with trusted, well-secured data, and automating policy enforcement through code are all at the heart of our refreshed global strategy. Data Quality, Simplification, Environmental Stability, Automation, and Service Excellence are the key pillars and priorities on our strategic journey.
In CTI, we are focused on delivering the best for our clients, and we know that to do this we need a talented team with diverse experiences, backgrounds and skills.
In this Project Manager position in Citi Enterprise Infrastructure, Operations & Technology (EIO&T), the candidate will partner with multiple technology teams to plan and coordinate the integration and delivery of Citi's technology efforts.
Specific responsibilities include:• Lead and Manage multiple high complexity and Infrastructure projects for Data Services which includes projects regarding databases, middleware, etc. for various customers/sectors by working across multiple technology teams, business units and stakeholders to ensure technology projects are delivered successfully to meet strategic goals. Managing projects for Cloud migrations and/or Networks is a plus.
• The projects fall under Waterfall and Agile technology. For Agile projects you will serve as scrum master for agile project teams, facilitating sprint planning, daily stand-ups, backlog grooming, and retrospective.
• Develop end-to-end delivery plans and align specific tasks/deliverables from various technology engineering and integration teams to end-to-end delivery plans by working closely with stakeholders to ensure infrastructure and application services delivery plans meet business requirements• Drive weekly execution planning meetings to coordinate with various engineering and integration stakeholders - product engineering, infrastructure support teams and other tool owners to track delivery of tasks and cross-functional dependencies• Leverage technical and interpersonal skills to manage expectations and address project risks and issues proactively, working with engineering leads and other project managers to proactively identify resolve technical and general working issues
• Documenting processes between teams is a plus.• Develop documentation and presentation materials to communicate project status and plans, ensuring at risk milestones have concise descriptions and mitigation details• Ensure program project compliance and artifacts (scope, plan, execution documents etc.) are created timely and uploaded at phase change with proper resolution of any QA and/or compliance-related items within two weeks of identification
• Minimum of 7 years of successfully managing and delivering IT infrastructure, Cloud based initiatives and related technologies including migrations. Experience with AWS and/or GCP architecture a plus.• Strong leadership, interpersonal, influence, negotiations, organizations skills• Experience identifying/implementing process improvements.• Proactively identifying & improving processes to streamline reporting, prioritize the work and protect the engineering teams• Proven experience in leading Technology Transformation and Change Management• Demonstrate experience with Business Analysis to drive requirements gathering• Establish Program Management Governance, communication plan, scope management, KPI/monitoring, and risks/issues process• Capture business objectives and technical requirements from internal clients for network, identity and access management, data protection, infrastructure security to define the capabilities and secured environment required• Obtained consensus across multiple departments within engineering and operations• Proven experience in developing detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports. Interfaces with project staff and clients regarding status of projects.• Proficient with Waterfall and Agile/Scrum methodologies. Strong experience managing multiple projects in Agile a plus• Conducts in-depth evaluation of business processes, system processes and industry standards.• Provides sound understanding of IT project leadership concepts and principles and a basic knowledge of concepts and principles in other technology areas.• Ensures essential procedures are followed and helps to define operating standards and processes. • Applies comprehensive understanding of how multiple areas collectively integrate within IT project leadership to contribute towards achieving business objectives.• Provides evaluative judgment based on analysis of factual information in complicated and unique situations.• Directly impacts the business by ensuring the quality of work provided by self and others; impacts own team and closely related work teams. • Self-starter with a strong sense of personal responsibility and ownership with a track record in delivering major technology projects• Ability to work independently with minimal direction and as a contributing member in a high-performing and focused team• Ability to work under pressure, manage tight deadlines, and thrive in a flexible, fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations• Strong communication and writing skills that lead to clear, concise, and unambiguous technical and non-technical documentation including requirements, infrastructure design documentation and project presentations• PMP or equivalent certification
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
Job Family Group:
Technology Project Management
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the "EEO is the Law" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting
Effective November 1, 2021, Citi requires that all successful applicants for positions located in the United States or Puerto Rico be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment and provide proof of such vaccination prior to commencement of employment.