New hires in office-based roles in the US & Puerto Rico will be required, subject to applicable law, to demonstrate that they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious exemption to this vaccination requirement that can be accommodated without an undue burden to the operation. However, subject to applicable law, employees working in roles that the Company determines require routine collaboration with external stakeholders, such as employees in health services, customer facing commercial, or research based roles, will be required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of employment.
Our IT team operates as a business partner proposing ideas and innovative solutions that enable new organizational capabilities. We collaborate internationally to deliver the services and solutions that help everyone to be more productive and enable innovation.
As the Associate Director of Portfolio Management within HH IT Strategy & Value Realization, you must be passionate about helping your stakeholders be successful in both meeting their project commitments, deliver their required business outcomes, and meet the overall financial expectations. You must be experienced in Financial & Program management and able to handle large, complex programs.
The Associate Director within this area will need to demonstrate the following expertise:
- Supports the oversight & governance of an HH IT portfolio budget of $100M-$150M ensuring all financial commitments are achieved
- Provides overall leadership, guidance, and management of all aspects of project/programs within the HH IT Strategy & Value Realization team, including business case creation, and implementation
- Manages dependencies of varying complexity, potentially planning and feeding into larger programs and portfolios
- Ensures proper resourcing to provide optimum support for the day-to-day activities and as priorities change
- Schedules and facilitates project/program meetings and training
- Measures performance to ensure the project is progressing as compared to original plan and budget or adjusts plan/budget based on new information
- Understands, communicates to and manages complex stakeholder groups while maintaining a strong client focus
- Initiates projects -defines scope/charter, identifies stakeholders and establishes governance, holds kick-off meetings
- Leads project scheduling process; creates/manages a schedule with clear milestones, resource plan, deliverables, dependencies, and critical path
- Works with teams to identify and overcome obstacles which arise during the delivery of a project
- Encourages continuous improvement of delivery team
- Coaches and mentors team members to use appropriate tools for assigned tasks
- Partners with vendors as needed throughout the lifecycle of project/program
- Works with leadership to balance new and existing project/program priorities
Education Minimum Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree - Preferably Computer Science, Data Analytics or Finance
- 3 + years of working experience in managing IT financials, portfolio management, and program management
- Knowledge of project management principles and software development methodologies
- Strong communication (written, oral, presentation, listening), negotiation and influencing skills inclusive of working well with Senior IT leaders
- Demonstrated coordination, planning and resource management skills
- Prior working experience managing and motivating project teams to deliver high quality projects
- Familiarity with project management tools to facilitate progress tracking of projects / initiatives
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Strong understanding of the various components comprising IT's total cost of ownership (portfolio, MS&O, depreciation, and workforce)
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience in working in a matrix environment, using influence rather than control, and fostering a work environment based on trust, sharing and collaboration
- Excellent facilitation, consultation and influencing skills including experience managing outsourced service providers.
Our Support Functions deliver services and make recommendations about ways to enhance our workplace and the culture of our organization. Our Support Functions include HR, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Procurement, Administration, Facilities and Security.
Who we are ...
We are known as Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA in the United States and Canada and MSD everywhere else. For more than a century, we have been inventing for life, bringing forward medicines and vaccines for many of the world's most challenging diseases. Today, our company continues to be at the forefront of research to deliver innovative health solutions and advance the prevention and treatment of diseases that threaten people and animals around the world.
What we look for ...
Imagine getting up in the morning for a job as important as helping to save and improve lives around the world. Here, you have that opportunity. You can put your empathy, creativity, digital mastery, or scientific genius to work in collaboration with a diverse group of colleagues who pursue and bring hope to countless people who are battling some of the most challenging diseases of our time. Our team is constantly evolving, so if you are among the intellectually curious, join us-and start making your impact today.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with Managers' Policy - Job Posting and Employee Placement, all employees subject to this policy are required to have a minimum of twelve (12) months of service in current position prior to applying for open positions.
If you have been offered a separation benefits package, but have not yet reached your separation date and are offered a position within the salary and geographical parameters as set forth in the Summary Plan Description (SPD) of your separation package, then you are no longer eligible for your separation benefits package. To discuss in more detail, please contact your HRBP or Talent Acquisition Advisor.
Current Employees apply HERE
Current Contingent Workers apply HERE
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please click here if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement
OFCCP EEO Supplement
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another's thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
1st - Day
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings: