Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate, and above all, fun.
Join the 2022 FIS University Program!
As a 2022 FIS University Program full-time employee, you will have the opportunity to participate in team projects, community service activities, professional development seminars and work with a team that is invested in your growth, development, and success; including quarterly performance connects with your manager and bi-annual merit reviews.
This two-year full-time program has start dates in January, March, June, and September with a dedicated "Learning Week" where you will;
- Learn how to work within a corporate environment
- Learn the structure of FIS and options for growth within the organization
- Hear from FIS leadership about their journey and participate in senior leader networking opportunities
- Build a network of your peers from across the organization
This position is for a June 27, 2022 start.
About the Team
Our team consists of 2 groups. I manage the RM (Relationship Management) team, composed of 10 people, which converts the customer information onto HORIZON, and the Security team, which consists of 2 people. They guide the bank in setting up their security access.
This position would be to join the Security group. I have a close-knit group that works well together. They collaborate and share amongst the group as well as with the other applications. We are exceptionally team-oriented and step in to help each other whenever needed.
What you will be doing
Summary:Examine banks' security data, processes, forms, reports, and operational needs of customers and complete data mapping and transaction workflow documents as the basis for conversion to FIS systems.
- Develops understanding of and defines client security needs through information gathering sessions to determine how FIS systems must be established to meet client needs.
- Through data analysis, product mapping, and interviews, gathers forms and information from banks and assess software utilization requirements.
- Creates data maps and transaction workflow documents showing how users will be mapped to HORIZON Security.
- Refines mapping and maintains templates as issues are discovered.
- Responds to information security-related questions and inquiries using documentation, tools, and procedures.
- Identifies opportunities and executes plans to improve workflow and understands business impacts of those to users.
- Evaluates, designs, codes, implements, optimizes, and modify security in databases.
- Maintain and improve model databases, tables, stored procedures, views, etc
- Works closely with other applications to integrate tasks specific to each application.
- In-depth knowledge of Horizon security tools, setup, and system configuration for bank security
- As part of the conversion process, tests output against bank-specific needs sharing reports and application-specific data with banks that reflect how authority levels will be processed. Reviews results (reports, software changes) with the client to refine and confirm requirements. Obtains formal bank acceptance of results.
- May develop new procedures with a client to ensure FIS software is used appropriately.
- Carefully examines data and reports to make sure conversion is proceeding correctly, runs tests with various users to see how users process through the software and verifies and validates the accuracy of security setup through utilizing HORIZON.
- Coordinates and conducts readiness reviews. This includes directing the bank in the preparation and execution of testing to verify accuracy of the setup, training and procedures, reports surrounding security.
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree from job discipline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Self-motivated and willing to learn
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Added Bonus If You Have
- Knowledge of the banking industry.
- Technically inclined and comfortable working with programmers and others to troubleshoot issues
- Strong analytical, statistical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to utilize judgment in decision-making process and decisions related to job tasks
- Communicates ideas both verbally and in written form in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to understand and apply technical concepts
- Ability to solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Flexibility, versatility, dependability
What We Offer You
- Competitive salary and excellent benefits
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- Time to support charities and give back to your community
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- FIS will pay off participants' principal student loan balance over 10 years of service. Eligibility starts after one year of tenure in the program for US participants
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.