We’re Coinbase. We’re the world’s most trusted way to join the crypto revolution, serving more than 89 million accounts in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to increase economic freedom around the world, and we couldn’t do this without hiring the best people. We’re a group of hard-working overachievers who are deeply focused on building the future of finance and Web 3.0 for our users across the globe, whether they’re trading, storing, staking or using crypto. Know those people who always lead the group project? That’s us.
There are a few things we look for across all hires we make at Coinbase, regardless of role or team. First, we look for candidates who will thrive in a culture like ours, where we default to trust, embrace feedback, and disrupt ourselves. Second, we expect all employees to commit to our mission-focused approach to our work. Finally, we seek people who are excited to learn about and live crypto, because those are the folks who enjoy the intense moments in our sprint and recharge work culture. We’re a remote-first company looking to hire the absolute best talent all over the world.
Ready to #LiveCrypto? Who you are:
- You’ve got positive energy. You’re optimistic about the future and determined to get there.
- You’re never tired of learning. You want to be a pro in bleeding edge tech like DeFi, NFTs, DAOs, and Web 3.0.
- You appreciate direct communication. You’re both an active communicator and an eager listener - because let’s face it, you can’t have one without the other. You’re cool with candid feedback and see every setback as an opportunity to grow.
- You can pivot on the fly. Crypto is constantly evolving, so our priorities do, too. What you worked on last month may not be what you work on today, and that excites you. You’re not looking for a boring job.
- You have a “can do” attitude. Our teams create high-quality work on quick timelines. Owning a problem doesn’t scare you, but rather empowers you to take 100% responsibility for achieving our mission.
- You want to be part of a winning team. We’re stronger together, and you’re a person who embraces being pushed out of your comfort zone.
We’re looking for a Group Technical Program Manager to join the Strategic Programs team within the Product Organization. You will be responsible for the execution and success of multiple crypto-focused programs that are critical to Coinbase’s product strategy.
What You'll Be Doing (i.e., Job Duties)
- Lead large scale programs that are crypto-focused, highly technical, and cross functional in nature
- Set goals, align cross-functional teams, and execute product releases
- Be accountable for roadmap delivery including adoption and success criteria as defined in collaboration with your stakeholders
- Team up with external & internal stakeholders (data Science, product, compliance, marketing, customer experience, engineering etc) to gather business requirements and define objectives
- Manage requirements documentation, milestone mapping, prioritization, and program communication
- Create thorough functional specs, project / release plans, and roadmaps
- Monitor program status, identify issues / risks, succinctly communicate issues, and proactively collaborate to ensure timely resolution
- Example programs you may lead include the buildout of new defi products, the buildout of new defi primitives for developers, launching new crypto assets, and building platforms to streamline existing crypto operations
What We Look For In You (ie. Job Requirements)
- 10+ years of technical program management experience at a technology company and/or in a technical capacity.
- 4+ years of relevant engineering experience
- Enjoy solving hard problems and can turn incomplete, conflicting, or ambiguous inputs into action plans
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders in order to drive alignment
- Ability to leverage data to inform and support critical decisions and make recommendations
- Prior experience working on global programs
- Able to manage multiple stakeholders and priorities simultaneously
Nice to haves
- Certification in Program Management or Project Management.
- You are knowledgeable and passionate about cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology.
- Advanced understanding of Google apps, JIRA, Looker, Tableau, SQL
Notice for Colorado applicants as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20). Target annual salary for this role performed in Colorado, is $223,500 + target bonus + target equity + benefits (including medical, dental, vision and 401(k)).
Coinbase is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other basis protected by applicable law. Coinbase will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. For US applicants, you may view Pay Transparency, Employee Rights and Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law notices by clicking on their corresponding links. Additionally, Coinbase participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law.
Coinbase is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to accommodations[at]coinbase.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site click here to download a free compatible screen reader (free step by step tutorial can be found here).Global Data Privacy Notice for Job Candidates and Applicants
Depending on your location, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) may regulate the way we manage the data of job applicants. Our full notice outlining how data will be processed as part of the application procedure for applicable locations is available here. By submitting your application, you are agreeing to our use and processing of your data as required.