Atlassian can hire people in any country where we have a legal entity, assuming candidates have eligible working rights and a sufficient timezone overlap with their team. As our offices re-open, Atlassians can choose to work remotely or return to an office, unless it’s necessary for the role to be performed in the office. Interviews and onboarding are conducted virtually, a part of being a distributed-first company.
Atlassian is a leading provider of collaboration, development, and issue tracking software for teams. With over 100,000 global customers (including 85 of the Fortune 100), we’re advancing the power of collaboration. Driven by transparent values, an outstanding culture, and consistent revenue growth, we’re out to unleash the potential of every team.
Atlassian’s enterprise customers are prolific in our everyday life and our tools contribute to the things we use and see every single day!
Atlassian is seeking a Group Program Manager to lead a team of program management professionals to deliver highly complex, cross-functional R&D programs that serve the needs of our Enterprise customers. We recognise these customers' unique needs, driven by characteristics such as size, compliance requirements, organizational structure or risk appetite.
As a key member of ‘Team Enterprise’, our Group Program Manager will be setting up multi-org and multi-faceted programs, working through highly ambiguous early phases to bring the strategy to life, flush out important company-level decisions, influencing executive stakeholders. Well versed in agile program management, they must establish a shared understanding, and program roles and accountabilities. They will then go about establishing appropriate framework involving multiple work streams, and operating rhythms- including program roadmaps, collaboration mechanisms, and risk management.
Key components of this work include:
-Growing and leading a high performing program management team
-Forming strong partnerships with key leaders within Team Enterprise, and other leadership teams across Atlassian
-Ensure effective delivery of customer outcomes across the portfolio of programs
-Enable the organisation to scale through process and tools that improve delivery velocity
You will be responsible for helping your team prioritise their work across the program, and setting each individual and the collective team up for continued success. You are a big picture problem solver who's able to investigate the details across every aspect of software development. You understand how a large scale business operates, and are able to hold your own in high level, high stakes, strategic decision making sessions. You'll nail it if you can spot the challenges the organization will face ahead of time and do your part in handling them.
Your impact is amplified beyond delivery through your ability to advance the Program Management craft. Together, the team develops and applies practices, plays, and agile frameworks, to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and effective teams.
In this role you'll get to:
- Manage a remote Program Management team as part of the Programs & Practices team
- Help define the strategy, developing OKRs, then breaking them down into trackable work streams (projects or initiatives, roadmap) to deliver on the annual plan
- Participate in long term planning, decision making, tracking and high level reporting including clear communications on priorities, high level estimates and headcount requirements and balancing with the need to experiment and learn fast in an emerging business space
- Drive end-to-end execution across multiple teams working on key programs, and ensuring all dependencies are managed
- Build, test, and iterate on practices for effective dependency management for the whole of Atlassian. Drive standard methodologies for cross-team collaboration and ensure the customer’s end to end experience is looked after
- Work with your team to map and own the delivery of town halls, quarterly business reviews, leadership off-sites and other planning sessions
On your first day, we'll expect you to have:
- 7+ years of relevant professional experience in product / software development
- Ability to communicate for impact at all levels, and a passion for collaboration and working through influence
- Ability to establish and nurture a diverse and high performing cross-functional leadership team and build strong stakeholder relationships
- An ability to mediate and make pragmatic compromises, and help set priorities appropriately amongst stakeholders and team members across product, engineering and design
- A track record of setting appropriate expectations, crisp execution, and on-time delivery
- The ability to balance priorities among the long-term vision and short-term execution strategy
- The ability to lead a highly effective team with a diverse set of skills and backgrounds
- Experience in diagnosing paint points for teams, moving them to good and going the extra mile to ensure they are great -- you value a smooth operation
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and are able to draw upon best practices, patterns and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian
It's great, but not required if you have:
- Understanding the complexities of SaaS administration within large Enterprises
- Understanding of Enterprise compliance regimes, cloud security and data management requirements
- Experience driving change management across a large, globally distributed, organisation
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the Atlassian scaled agile toolset
More about our team
We are a team on a mission to ensure that R&D can successfully scale. Specifically, R&D Program Managers at Atlassian build trusted networks, seek clarity, and serve as the grease and the glue to ensure teams deliver complex cross-functional programs as seamlessly as single team projects. Our impact is amplified beyond delivery through our work to advance the program management craft. We band together to develop and apply practices, patterns (plays), and agile frameworks to build pathways for autonomous, empowered, and lasting teams for a Future Atlassian.
More about our benefits
Whether you work in an office or a distributed team, Atlassian is highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some fantastic perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, flexible working options, five paid volunteer days a year for your favourite cause, an annual allowance to support your learning & growth, unique ShipIt days, a company paid trip after five years and lots more.
More about Atlassian
Creating software that empowers everyone from small startups to the who’s who of tech is why we’re here. We build tools like Jira, Confluence, Bitbucket, and Trello to help teams across the world become more nimble, creative, and aligned—collaboration is the heart of every product we dream of at Atlassian. From Amsterdam and Austin, to Sydney and San Francisco, we’re looking for people who want to write the future and who believe that we can accomplish so much more together than apart. At Atlassian, we’re committed to an environment where everyone has the autonomy and freedom to thrive, as well as the support of like-minded colleagues who are motivated by a common goal to: Unleash the potential of every team.
We believe that the unique contributions of all Atlassians is the driver of our success. To make sure that our products and culture continue to incorporate everyone's perspectives and experience we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, or marital, veteran, or disability status.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
If your experience looks a little different from what we’ve identified and you think you can rock the role, we’d love to learn more about you.
Learn more about Atlassian’s culture, interviewing flow, and hiring process by checking out our Candidate Resource Hub.