Grant Project Coordinator at Careerlink (Omaha, NE)
| Omaha, NE
Sorry, this job was removed at 8:32 a.m. (CST) on Saturday, May 28, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- The Grant Project Coordinator will assume responsibility for the oversight and coordination of Upward Bound programming spending 100% time and effort on the Upward Bound grant program. This includes the after-school tutoring programs, Saturday College program, and Summer program. The Grant Project Coordinator will be knowledgeable of and stay current with the rules and regulations that directly affect the grant program; demonstrate excellent communication and analytical skills; and able to work both independently and in a team-oriented environment.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Education, counseling, Psychology, or related field required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of student services professional work with low-income, first-generation, and minority students required.
- Prior TRIO experience desirable.
- Requires the ability to provide transportation to other campus and/or work related locations within a reasonable timeframe.
- Working knowledge of high school graduation requirements, college admission, and financial aid process.
- Experience working with state and federal programs.
- Experience with coaching students to create and maintain positive study habits.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Ability to provide academic, career, and personal counseling to college students.
- Essential Job Functions
- Provide academic, career, and personal counseling to Upward Bound participants.
- Recruit, screen, review, and interview potential applicants based on eligibility and need for services, and coordinate application submission process.
- Implement curriculum for Saturday College program.
- Supervise and coordinate activities in the after-school tutoring program at program site (M-Th 2:30-5:30pm).
- Confer regularly with staff to plan and coordinate activities.
- Schedule campus visits, educational and cultural activities.
- Assist in the follow-up and tracking of alumni.
- Communicate with parents, teachers, counselors, and administrators regarding Upward Bound project's goals, services, and accomplishments.
- Discuss and review any behavior, attendance, or academic concerns and appropriate consequences with students and parents.
- Plan, implement, and facilitate programming for the 6-week summer program; oversee all aspects of summer food service program to ensure that the program remains in compliance with Food Bank food safety regulations; manage food inventory for summer program.
- Manage Upward Bound supply inventories, and consistently and accurately track supply needs and inventory level for program.
- Maintain on-going relations with target school personnel and other community partners.
- Maintain student files, and ensure proper documentation is completed; accurately enter and track relevant student data.
- Attend activities, events, and programs on occasional evenings and weekends.
- Attend meetings and workshops that contribute to professional development.
More Information on Careerlink
Careerlink operates in the HR Tech industry. The company is located in Omaha, NE. Careerlink was founded in 1992. It has 16 total employees. To see all 460 open jobs at Careerlink, click here.
Read Full Job Description