Functional Integration Project Manager - M&A at Dentsu
Dentsu is a modern marketing solutions company. Our mission is to help clients navigate, progress and thrive in a world of change. Businesses rely on our integrated network of agencies and specialized practices to champion meaningful progress through creative, media, commerce, data and technology. Part of Dentsu Group, our global network comprises 66,000 diverse people in 143 countries, who are dedicated to teaming for growth and good. Some of our award-winning agencies include 360i, Carat, dentsumcgarrybowen, DEG, dentsuX, iProspect and Merkle. Follow us on Twitter @DentsuUSA and visit dentsu.com/us.
Diversity is embedded in who we are and all that we do: our mindset, our solutions, and in our teams to empower an inclusive, equitable environment. We put our people at the center, creating space for growth, understanding and learning so they can thrive. Our differences make us richer and enable stronger relationships with each other and foster greater impact for our clients. We engage with our communities to drive positive social impact by fostering equity and working to create a digital society that works for all.Job Description
The purpose of this role is to deliver day to day leadership and project management of the business transformation related to M&A, usually integration, operational merger and separation activities ensuring that key milestones are achieved on time and synergies realized, maximizing the return on investment for dentsu.
The role is based in the US and a key team members of both the dentsu Americas operations team and the dentsu Global M&A Integration team, where you will be working with a diverse, collaborative, and experienced team from around the globe.
The role works closely with various commercial and functional workstream leaders, ensuring that they are educated on M&A transformation processes and assisting with developing roadmaps and plans that flex with the changing business environment and in progress dentsu transformation programs. Regular progress reporting via the Integration Scorecard or equivalent and executing the governance framework as per the integration plan are key deliverables of the role.
This role will be the central escalation point for team members involved in the integration.
The breadth of the role includes:
- Working with the Project Sponsors to gain alignment between the various dentsu and seller stakeholders on the integration vision, scope and approach
- Preparation of the Plan and Budget with M&A Execution team, Project Sponsor and commercial and functional Leads
- Managing dependencies within the plan, as well as other programs that could impact plan execution
- Involvement in Due Diligence, providing feedback to the M&A team to ensure deals are being considered with the transformation in mind and that due diligence conclusions are appropriately addressed in integration planning
- Facilitating acquisition and brand stakeholder alignment on detailed Roadmap development and execution of plans
- Project management of the transformation to a successful completion, providing a project schedule to identify when each task will be performed, and clearly communicating expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Plan, schedule, facilitate, and document project team meetings
- Driving resolution of issues and ensuring risk mitigations are in place
- Working on highly strategic M&A strategies, while also being detail orientated
- Helping the acquired business navigate the dentsu operating model, and facilitating introductions to personnel as required
- Managing the governance process for the transformation, with regular progress reporting and setting appropriate performance metrics including revenue and cost synergies. Prepares and owns integration scorecard or equivalent, and ensure sponsors alignment
- Understanding the dentsu international Integration Framework, driving best practice adoption and bringing stakeholders on the journey to excellence in integration
- Facilitating rapid decision making by anticipating problems and escalating issues when required. Makes recommendations for course corrections as appropriate
- University degree in a business or technology field
- 3+ years work experience in M&A Integration, managing cross functional teams and involvement in Due Diligence
- 5+ years work experience in project management
- Demonstrated increased levels of responsibilities, including operational management experience
- Demonstrated leadership managing people
- Strategic and operational management skills
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative, fast moving environment
- Strong functional knowledge across finance, HR, technology, legal, compliance, marketing, sales operations, business operations
- Rapidly adapt and respond to changes in environment and priorities
- Flexible to different approaches to meet the deliverable requirements
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders, being a strong change agent
- High attention to detail
- Expert in MS suite of tools and project management tools/software packages
Employees from diverse or underrepresented backgrounds encouraged to apply.
Dentsu (the "Company") is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee of the Company, on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and/or certain state or local laws. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done that will ensure an equal employment opportunity without imposing an undue hardship on the Company. Please contact [email protected] if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process or to request or discuss an accommodation in connection with a job at the Company to which you are applying.