Federal Project Manager II at Cerner Corporation (Kansas City, MO)
As a Federal Project Manager II, you p lan and direct the work of the project team and cross-functional support teams for one or more projects. You will be accountable for the development and maintenance of detailed project plans, schedules and estimates, providing analytical and operational guidance to the project team, and ensuring client satisfaction for assigned projects. You will also review and approve project team work to ensure adherence to scope, quality and productivity expectations and implement additional processes or reviews as needed to address systemic or recurring issues. You will assess and report on identified and anticipated project risks and lead risk avoidance or mitigation strategies to minimize project impact, escalating to the task order owner as appropriate. You will Lead internal and external project meetings, providing updates on progress against critical paths and milestones, key operational and financial measures and risk assessments. In this role, you will engage and manage third party resources as needed to support project objectives.
Hybrid or Remote
This position offers a Hybrid or Remote working environment. Meaning if you live within a metro area of a Cerner office, you will split working time between a Cerner office and remote. If you are not within a metro area of a Cerner office, you can live and work in your current geographical location and work primarily remote. #LI-Hybrid #Remote
Back to Description
Cerner Jobs and Careers
Cerner Jobs and Careers
Working Environment Hybrid or Remote Relocation Assistance Available for this Job: No
- At least 6 years total combined related work experience and completed higher education; including:
- At least 1 year project/program management work experience
- At least 5 years additional work experience directly related to the duties of the job and/or completed higher education
- Receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for your position
- Due to the client contract, you will be assigned, this position requires you to be a U.S. citizen
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Health Care, Information Technology or Business Administration
- Experience assisting teams to investigate and resolve issues
- JIRA and/or Remedy experience
- Must reside in or be willing to relocate to an already virtually approved location; preferred location Kansas City
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% as needed
- Willing to work additional or irregular hours as needed and allowed by local regulations
- Work in accordance with corporate and organizational security policies and procedures, understand personal role in safeguarding corporate and client assets, and take appropriate action to prevent and report any compromises of security within scope of position
- Perform other responsibilities as assigned
Applicants for U.S.-based positions with Cerner must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
Due to specific client contract requirements, this position requires that the successful candidate be a U.S. citizen. The client contract also requires receipt of the appropriate government security clearance card applicable for the position.
Some Cerner positions may be obligated to comply with client-facing requirements and occupational health requests, including but not limited to, an immunization set, covid-19 vaccination, an annual flu shot, an annual TB screen, an updated background check, and/or an updated drug screen.
Cerner is a place where people are encouraged to innovate with confidence and focus on what is important - people's health and the care they receive. We are transforming health care by developing tools and technologies that make it more efficient for care providers and patients to navigate the complexity of our health. From single offices to entire countries, Cerner solutions are licensed at more than 25,000 facilities in over 35 countries.
Cerner's policy is to provide equal opportunity to all people without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other legally protected category. Cerner is proud to be a drug-free workplace.
EEO is the Law with Supplement (English)
E-Verify Participation (English)
Right to Work (English)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination (English)
EEO is the Law with Supplement (Spanish)
E-Verify Participation (Spanish)
Right to Work (Spanish)
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination (Spanish)
If you are an individual with a disability who is unable to use our online tools to search and apply for jobs, and need assistance or an accommodation in the recruiting process, please contact us by calling 866-434-1543 or by emailing [email protected] .