FC Design Program Manager - FC and CI Support at Chewy
Chewy is seeking a bright and curious Engineering and Design Modelling to leverage a wide set of technical and analytical skills to help us advance our current operational reporting and analytics initiatives for entire fulfillment network. You will have the opportunity to drive new initiatives and designs being introduced by operational teams or new designs you will initiate. In this role, you will work with operational data sets and investigate issues, developing intuitive views and dashboards that will play an integral role in the direction of the growth of our fulfillment centers. You should be highly self-motivated, goal-oriented, able to develop system solutions connecting multiple interfaces and an analytical hands-on leader who thrive in a past paced environment. With the growth of our fulfillment centers, you will also be challenged to keep all building drawings up to date and recommend/implement new changes to our network.
What You'll Do:
- Design, build, improve, and innovate order fulfillment infrastructure throughout the supply chain network.
- Analyze business & operations requirements to generate supply chain automation concepts, develop and present multiple solution options.
- Build analysis techniques/models for future design of business needs.
- Lead system commissioning and predefined testing activities, including administering the plan, interpreting statuses, and reporting results.
- Identify the materials to be handled and determine the throughput and storage requirements.
- Model flow of materials to be handled and determine throughput and storage requirements.
- Specify storage solutions based on cubic space need, product velocity, and cycle time goals.
- Develop fulfillment Center specific strategies initiatives that enables network to demand and peak needs for critical equipment needs. Accuracy of these models are critical for successful capacity of equipment
- Lead and develop large network stakeholders between Supply chain, Operations, Finance, and internal analytical teams in developing heuristic output models from varying input factors
- Create process requirement and efficient material flows for the supply chain facility layout.
- Prepare RFPs (Request for Proposal), respond to questions, lead reviews, and compare/ tabulate bids and make vendor recommendations based on technical qualifications.
- Collaborate effectively across all internal and external stakeholders including vendors, internal engineering team, operations and facility teams.
- Lead and coordinate design and execution efforts between internal teams and outside vendors including equipment specifications, material flow, process design, and site layout.
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problem spaces and delivering solutions.
- Thoroughly document/investigate change requests and provide recommendations.
- Develop cross-functional knowledge of Start-Up team systems, processes, procedures, and tools.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering, mechanical engineering or related discipline required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 year of related experience in fulfillment center layout/design.
- Minimum of 2 year of related experience leading large scale cross functional projects.
- At least 2 year of related full-time experience in an analyst role working one a business team, preferably in supply chain or warehouse operations.
- Intermediate or expertise knowledge of SQL, Python, Tableau, and spreadsheet (pivot table, lookup, advanced formulas etc.) are a must have.
- Experience process, filtering, and presenting large volume of data and applying performance tuning techniques.
- Experience with building and managing models for forecasting, seasonal variances and using optimization techniques in developing accurate planning tools s
- A proven track record of converting simulation model output into real world solutions.
- Proven technical leadership for large-scale industrial engineering projects.
- Requires good quantitative and analytical skills; this role caters to someone that loves to solve difficult and complex problems.
- General knowledge of Distribution & Fulfillment operations with understanding of day-to-day workings and strategic Network planning.
- Experienced in MS Office applications and an expert level proficiency with AutoCad is required.
- Ability to work in both a team environment or independently, and comfortable handling ambiguity. Must be a self-starter. Passion for reaching out and finding answers on your own.
- Able to handle a fast-paced, changing environment workplace
- Able to meet tight deadlines while supporting various projects
- Able to communicate clearly and boil down complex topics into clear problem definitions with data-driven recommendations that drive company-wide decisions.
- Ability to listen to and understand requirements that are non-technical in nature and turn them into technical specifications
- Able to easily communicate to a variety of stakeholders, at all levels, from our associates working on projects and executing product moves up to VPs deciding on large scale projects, investments, and building designs.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]