Project Manager / PMO
Hippo is a hyper-growth Series E round startup that is taking the market by storm. Our technology first approach is modernizing the otherwise stale home insurance industry, from IOT monitoring devices to our industry leading software. Led by a strong team of passionate business and technology veterans, we're rapidly expanding by inviting great engineers to join our talented, close knit team here in the Bay Area.
- Bring creative solutions to hard problems, run several projects simultaneously, and keep pushing our team to improve
- Be an independent learner with a “can-do” mindset and the ability to rapidly execute and deliver
- Work closely with the engineering leadership, while running multiple engineering and business teams
- Have empathy for your teammates. Care about team success and enable others to be successful
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a full-time project manager, running large, complex projects in an Agile environment
- Experience handling multiple project teams with 5–8 members each, including engineers, product managers, business and QA personnel
- Extraordinary verbal, written and interpersonal skills, including mentoring, coaching, collaborating, and team building; the ability to work effectively with both business and technical individuals at all levels is a requirement
- Strong analytical, planning, and organizational skills with an ability to run competing requirements
- Deep understanding of and demonstrated experience in Agile project management tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent
- Experience in a fast-moving startup environment
Compensation and Perks
- Healthy Hippos Benefits- 100% Employer paid medical, dental & vision plan options for our team members AND their families (yes, you read that correctly). As well as 401K, long & short term disability, EAP and flexible spending accounts.
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Uncapped PTO (with manager approval)
- Hippo Habitat- Fun offices located in downtown Palo Alto, less than a 5 minute walk from Caltrain. We also offer commuter benefits including free parking pass. Stocked kitchen and BBQ Friday’s for all!
We are an equal opportunity employer. We believe diversity makes our team better and that discrimination based on race, gender, or anything else is self-defeating