Wing is reshaping the future of delivery. We are an on-demand drone delivery service that can deliver food, medicine or other items within minutes. We’ve also developed an unmanned traffic management platform to safely route drones through the sky. Our service is faster, safer and produces far less pollution than traditional delivery. Originally created in 2012 within X, the Moonshot Factory, Wing is now an Alphabet company.
About the Role:
Wing is looking for an Engineering Program Manager to support a portfolio of complex hardware projects. Part of Wing’s Program Management group, you’ll integrate yourself into the Hardware team’s every day work, helping to implement our frameworks for successful project delivery, frequently consulting with cross-functional partners, and tying it all back to Wing’s overall objectives.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage all aspects of a given project from start to finish, organizing priorities, proactively identifying potential blockers, and brainstorming solutions to mitigate.
- Own and manage goal-setting and definition of success criteria for the Hardware Development team on a quarterly basis, continually helping to balance priorities of incoming work.
- Regularly report on progress against plans.
- Act as an agent of change, continually helping your clients and stakeholders to find clarity and reinvent processes as business needs dictate.
- Develop and own productive internal relationships with Operations, Engineering, Legal, Marketing, Product and externally with global regulatory stakeholders.
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- 5-8 years managing hardware projects
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Technical aptitude and strong analytical skills
- Comfort with ambiguity, and the ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing and sometimes stressful environment
- People management experience
- Experience with EVT/DVT/PVT validation phases