Engagement PMO Manager at Canonical (Miami, FL)
Canonical Ubuntu is the worlds leading open source platform for cloud, IoT devices, and developers. As an Engagement PMO Manager you will lead a regional team of project managers ensuring delivery of a wide range of projects - the enablement of Ubuntu on new hardware, the delivery of complex private cloud or other distributed systems built on Ubuntu, or internal projects at Canonical. Our EPMO practice is a central capability reporting to the Director of Engagement Project Management, and further to the COO.
We look for customer facing team players to drive projects and navigate complex engineering constraints. As an EPMO Manager you will provide active leadership across all aspects of project delivery, ensuring consistent use of our project management methodology.
You will serve as the first customer escalation point on critical projects, lead your EPMO team and manage integration activities across the organisation. You will act as a trusted adviser to company leadership, collaborating with stakeholders to enable customer success while also acting as a system of control to the business.
You will assist the EPMO Director with resource allocation, problem solving and continuous improvement, as well as drive governance around the total investment for projects in support of business initiatives. You will anticipate and solve problems working with internal business partners, external partners and customers.Key responsibilities
- Promote industry-recognised, best-in-class EPMO and project management standards
- Lead the evaluation of programme and project management tools, systems and processes
- Drive continuous improvement and implementation of best practices
- Establish KPIs for project status reporting across Canonical
- Collaborate with cross-team leads to address common challenges across projects
- Drive execution excellence through continuous feedback and improvement
- Review customer feedback and participate in customer meetings
- Develop your EPMO team through coaching, mentoring and training
- Experience leading remote project teams
- Experience with cross-cultural and multi-continent projects
- Experience hiring, managing teams and developing skills
- Adept at making things happen while managing risks successfully
- Experience in building collaborative internal and external partnerships
- Effective negotiator, comfortable in a customer facing pre-sales role for complex projects
- Experience with Linux/UNIX technology components (Support, Development, Implementation).
- Familiarity with embedded device/IoT software development
- Familiarity with IT data center architectures, server architectures, cloud technology, OpenStack
- Familiarity with FIPS or Common Criteria Certifications
- Degree level education in CS or STEM field, ideally also an MBA or similar qualification
- PMP or PRINCE2 practitioner certification strongly preferred
- Able to travel 6-8 weeks a year, up to two weeks at a time, sometimes internationally
- Flexibility to work non-standard hours when required, in support of a worldwide sales and project team
- Personal learning and development budget
- Annual compensation review
- Recognition rewards
- Annual leave
- Priority Pass for travel
Canonical is a growing international software company that works with the open-source community to deliver Ubuntu, the world’s best free software platform. Our services help businesses worldwide reduce costs, improve efficiency and enhance security with Ubuntu.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. Diversity of experience, perspectives, and background create a better work environment and better products. Whatever your identity we will give your application fair consideration.