Diversity & Inclusion Senior Program Manager (Remote) at Mozilla
Mozilla is a mission driven organization pledging to a healthy internet. One of our four commitments is to build “...an internet that includes all the people of the earth - where a person’s demographic characteristics do not determine their online access, opportunities, or quality of experience.”
Mozilla seeks to build a work environment that values and makes space for our employees, partners, and the broader community to bring their vast experiences to our mission - to improve the internet. Being inclusive and transparent for the betterment of humankind is at the core of our values. Mozilla recognizes the profound value that diversity brings to innovative products and we are looking for a Diversity and Inclusion Program Manager to help us achieve that goal.
Do you know that your knowledge of different cultures, backgrounds, and abilities is an asset? Are you able to integrate different and underrepresented voices and methodologies into all the projects you lead and support?
Do you have a consistent track record of delivering cross-organizational projects? Are you at your best when you are collaborating with leaders with vision, while pushing for greater impact and outcomes?
If you love being inclusive through written and spoken words and are energized by completing sophisticated projects that improve lives, this opportunity is for you. We are looking for “a mind at work” to think beyond the confines of traditional models, generate insights, recognize opportunities and find new and better ways to do things.
The Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) Program Manager is a highly collaborative role. The person selected will help craft and implement company-wide anti-racism, diversity, inclusion, and equity frameworks and support Mozilla in achieving its commitments to a healthy internet.
As the D&I Program Manager, you will play a meaningful role in supporting the implemention, and execution of our three-pillar strategy:
- Who we are: our employee base and our communities;
- What we build: our outreach with our products; and
- What we do beyond products: our broader engagement with the world
This person will be responsible for building and managing programs that advance diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) across the organization and strengthen our three-pillar strategy. This role will benefit from close partnerships with [teams] and will require close collaboration with cross-functional partners across the company. The ideal candidate will have experience in diversity and program management.
- Plan, manage and coordinate D&I initiatives and efforts ensuring they align to the vision and expected outcomes are high quality and provide value
- Research D&I benchmarks and standard methodologies
- Partner with internal, external, and audio/video communications teams to design and deliver our D&I story internally and externally including Mozilla’s annual D&I disclosure
- Actively and consistently communicate our D&I strategy and action plan internally through status reporting, company meetings, small group sessions, and multimedia channels
- Lead Mozilla’s partnership, engagement, and programming with HBCUs and HSIs
- Partner with team members from all facets of the organization to deliver on impactful initiatives and cultural changes
- Identify global external influencers, organizations, and subject matter specialists that we can partner with in order to enhance and improve our anti-racism and D&I initiatives
- Establish, guide, and partner with internal employee resource groups (ERGs) to provide visibility, increase employee participation, and improve employee branding
- Establish, guide, and partner with internal peer allies to encourage support channels for diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging acumen
- Actively participate in organizations that promote and support diverse communities
- Lead monthly collection, assessment and measurement of Mozilla’s D&I initiatives
- Be responsible for the development and production of our diversity disclosure
- Foster a culture of inclusion and belonging at work
- Model, communicate and champion the Mozilla culture
- Demonstrated dedication to the principles of inclusion, belonging, equity and diversity
- Demonstrated successful partnering with BIPOC, LGBQTIA+, and disability communities and proven track record to work effectively and collegially with a diverse population
- Demonstrated track record of leading diversity, equity, and inclusion projects and programs with majority populated organizations
- Constant learner and curious innovator of diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging subject areas
- Able to take something roughly formed, create structure and produce results aligned with a vision and expected outcomes
- Highly organized, self-motivated, with the ability to be effective on multiple projects simultaneously
- Facilitation and instructional design
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong collaborator and problem solver with high efficiency
Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging
Mozilla understands that valuing diverse creative practices and forms of knowledge are crucial to and enrich the company’s core mission. We encourage applications from everyone, including members of all equity-seeking communities, such as (but certainly not limited to) women, racialized and Indigenous persons, persons with disabilities, persons of all sexual orientations, gender identities, and expressions.
We will ensure that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, as appropriate. Please contact us at [email protected] to request accommodation.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race (including hairstyle and texture), religion (including religious grooming and dress practices), gender, gender identity, gender expression, color, national origin, pregnancy, ancestry, domestic partner status, disability, sexual orientation, age, genetic predisposition, medical condition, marital status, citizenship status, military or veteran status, or any other basis covered by applicable laws. Mozilla will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics or any other unlawful behavior, conduct, or purpose.