Director, Technical Program Management at ReCharge Payments
Reporting to the Director of Engineering, Security, we are seeking a seasoned Director of Technical Product Management to define and implement processes and workflows to drive consistent delivery of engineering initiatives.
The ideal candidate will possess a balance of technology and people management skills and lead with empathy. Cross-functional agility is essential and this leader will work closely with product and engineering leadership to evangelize Recharge and create an exceptional feature experience for our customers.What You'll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #day-one, #ownership, #empathy, #humility.
- Build a team to work directly with engineering teams and leadership to enable timely execution of strategic plans across teams and groups.
- Develop a uniform approach and deliverables to communicate status while proactively identifying issues and blockers that could put schedule, budget or quality in jeopardy.
- Experience with project management of engineering domain(s) such as Platform, Infrastructure, Security, etc.
- Experience with crafting substantial project reports and dashboard.
- Crafting a technical initiative with clarity on what the initiative is and why we should be working on it.
- Clarifying the end state vision of the initiative in certain time intervals (quarter, half, 1-3 years).
- Work with the stakeholders, particularly Engineering Managers to set up clear, ambitious goals that are bought in and agreed upon.
- Work with the Engineering Manager and a Technical Lead to decompose ambiguous technical problems into tracks of work, clarifying and prioritizing deliverables, and identifying owners.
- Identifying inefficiencies in processes, products, and technology and driving improvements.
- Identify bottlenecks and ensure strong communication between groups.
- Ensuring timely and successful execution which includes:
- Tracking progress across the organization and teams for tracks of work
- Managing cross team dependencies
- Unblocking execution
- Preventing scope creep
- Risk management
- Communicating project and initiative plans and progress including:
- Roadmaps, quarterly plans
- Celebration of wins and creating awareness
- Setting expectations and timelines
- Updating on status
- Highlighting risk
- Demonstrated track record of implementing well defined and highly effective project processes in place in a rapidly growing engineering organization.
- Familiarity with knowledge management systems and processes as well as experience facilitating consistent documentation including architectural diagrams, data flow diagrams, configuration guides, user instructions, etc.
- Excellent written and oral business communication and people skills, with the ability to influence stakeholders, including technical leaders and executive management.
- Detail oriented and ability to drive initiatives to completion
- Exposure to high growth, large-size companies
- Experience performing the Scrum Master role for at least two years for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
- Technical understanding of the software development process
- Knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach (example: numerous burndown technologies, various retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)
- 5+ years of results oriented track record of managing technical projects and practical problem solving under pressure.
- Experience with Jira, confluence and the Atlassian stack.
- Experience working with both Agile and development methodology and PMP or equivalent qualification.
Since 2014, Recharge has helped over 15,000 merchants launch and scale their subscription business. Be it a curated monthly box, recurring necessities or access to exclusive perks, Recharge powers billions of dollars in annual processing for nearly 35 million consumers. Our remote-first team of 300+ is building the future of subscription commerce. Come join us on our mission to connect and empower the world through payments.
Recharge | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook
Recharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Recharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.