INTOUCH GROUP is a full-service network, providing a diverse suite of capabilities for our clients, including creative services, media buying, enterprise solutions and data analytics.
At Intouch, we offer innovative solutions to life science companies that want to connect with consumers, healthcare professionals and payers. We get fired up when people talk about getting—and staying—healthy. That’s where we find our inspiration: in the very human experiences of patients, doctors and even each other. Then, we collaborate on ways to make caring for one’s health more achievable, connecting patients and physicians with the information and tools they need.
The Intouch affiliates within the Intouch Group network include: Intouch Solutions, Intouch Proto, Intouch Seven, Intouch International, Intouch B2D, Intouch Media and Intouch Analytics.
What does a Planning Director do?
Acting as the voice of the customer at Intouch, the Planning Director is a strategic leader-practitioner for assigned brands.
This person is collaborative to the core and may struggle to resist the pull of an empty whiteboard. Unfazed by ambiguity, they can cut through the noise to get to the root of the issue. The Planning Director is an expert excavator when it comes to research, with a penchant for distilling data to the simplest insights. The ideal candidate understands the art + science of planning with a distinct preference of leading with data and logic first.
Ultimately, this person will influence and challenge clients and internal teams to bring about change. They will be persistent in their persuasion and passionate in their approach to inspire client and internal teams to great work.
- Work side-by-side with account and creative partners to crystallize client needs and business opportunities
- Utilize powerful analytical skills to rapidly synthesize large quantities of information, bring forward critical observations and insights, and ensure that strategic conclusions and opportunities are grounded in data for every stage of the problem-solving process
- Translate findings into insights to fuel strategic communication and great creative
- Answer key questions about how the customer behaves across all channels and how brands play a meaningful, influential role in their journey
- Establish solid relationships with cross-functional subject matter experts and glean deep understanding of their roles and contributions to bring a depth of rich expertise to strategic recommendations
- Develop and articulate strategies that inspire innovative work, including brand strategies; patient, caregiver and HCP journeys; comprehensive multichannel plans and ad hoc assignments
- Establish self as a planning subject matter expert in the eyes of internal counterparts and clients – an expert in pharma, assigned brands, audiences, landscape and category trends
- Connect digital to all aspects of business to drive growth opportunities
- Have well-formed opinions to help guide multi-discipline teams regarding data-driven marketing, mobile, social and general marketing trends that influence client work
- Shepherd strategies and behavior insights through all stages of development to creative output
- Lead workshops, both internal and/or client-facing, taking the lead in designing, facilitating and moderating to achieve client goals
- Balance multiple simultaneous projects and assignments
- Exercise sound judgment
- Rally all teams and effectively lead, influence, and negotiate across different disciplines to drive an focused agenda and achieve desired outcomes
What are we looking for?
- An intrepreneur
- Extensive experience within the Pharmaceutical or Healthcare industry
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in planning, strategic planning and related communications experience; advertising agency experience is a huge plus
- Deep understanding of digital channels and knowledge of the various roles and contributions of other strategic disciplines such as CRM and social media
- Proven ability to think creatively; evidence of success in developing digital multichannel strategies for brands and delivering them to market
- Strong digital and analytical capabilities a must
- Storyteller and persuasive presenter
- Thinker and doer – a highly collaborative whiteboarder who believes a plan is only as good as its execution
- Ability to manage up, down and across with influence versus positional power
- Comfortable in both independent and team working scenarios
- Humble, hard worker with insatiable curiosity and commitment to ongoing learning and team success. Sense of humor strongly preferred
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Read Full Job Description