About Stellar Health:
Historically, US Healthcare has relied on a fee-for-service reimbursement system where providers are paid based on the quantity of patient visits and procedures instead of the quality of health outcomes. Stellar Health helps primary care providers continually engage with their patients by providing them real-time information and tangible action-based incentives for improving quality of care for their patients.
At Stellar Health, we’re simplifying value-based care. The Stellar platform, a cloud-based, point-of-care tool, fits into existing provider workflows and creates a simple checklist of recommended actions that helps deliver the best quality care for patients. We’re building our technology from the ground up, and the industry is starting to take notice.
Our product actively supports over 500K patient lives - and we have shown that we make a real difference for these practices and their patients. It’s an exciting time to join the Stellar Team: We recently raised a $60M Series B at a $460M valuation from Top VCs in the health-tech space (General Atlantic, Point72, & Primary Venture Partners), have an established product & proven operating model, and we’re scaling our team to meet the continued growth and impact on our healthcare system.
About the position:
Stellar Health is seeking a Director of Project Management to establish and manage a project management function within our growing Technical Implementations team. As the Director of Project Management, you will lead a team of Technical Implementation Project Managers and be directly responsible for the timely and quality delivery of customer implementation and integration projects.
Reporting to the VP of Technical Implementations, this leader will be responsible for establishing and growing a core competency in project management and developing a team of high performing project managers. You will work closely with our customer Operations, Growth, Product and Engineering teams to efficiently onboard new customers, expand coverage of capabilities, and drive quality, standardization, repeatability, and scale. You will be a champion for lean processes that accelerate time to value and partner with key stakeholders to tackle pain points and drive process improvements.
Who will love this job:
- You are energized by tackling problems and finding solutions. You love it when a plan comes together.
- You thrive in servant leadership roles and want to support your direct reports in their growth. People want to be on your team and seek out opportunities to work with you.
- You are excited to bring best practices and new ideas to a dynamic, growing organization.
- You communicate openly and transparently in a way that quickly builds trust and respect.
- You are outcomes oriented with the ability to drill down from the big picture to process details.
- You are skilled at distinguishing signal from noise.
- You excel at anticipating risks and developing plans to mitigate them.
- You are mission driven and passionate about delivering solutions that have a real impact on people's lives.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and grow a team of Technical Implementation Project Managers charged with onboarding new customers and expanding usage of the Stellar Health platform through additional points of integration.
- Coach and mentor members of the Technical Implementations Project Management team in service of both their individual growth and achieving corporate objectives.
- Establish a center for excellence in technical implementation, ensuring that Stellar Health’s processes are efficient, scalable and delightful. Continually seek to improve on what we currently do and hold your team accountable to the same standard. Recommend and implement tools needed for a high performing technical project management organization.
- Implement process and/or organizational changes necessary to realize improvements in efficiency, effectiveness and customer satisfaction for solution delivery. Use data driven performance measures and work cross functionally to standardize and optimize processes.
- Drive alignment, removing roadblocks, reprioritizing, deprioritizing, communicating issues as they come up and orchestrating action plans. You should feel comfortable doing all of these things across multiple stakeholder groups including your team, Engineering, Product, Customer Operations, Growth, leadership, and others.
- Be a true partner to Growth and Customer Operations to align on priorities and processes that ensure the success of the team and the customer.
- Collaborate with Product and Engineering on platform roadmap and capabilities to drive implementation efficiency and quality as well as providing insight on common pain points or gaps in functionality.
- Build strong relationships across the Stellar Health organization and customer base.
- Safeguard sensitive data by following policies concerning security and privacy responsibilities.
As a Director of Project Management you should have:
- Experience managing and growing a team of technical project managers.
- A deep understanding of how cross-functional teams work at a software company.
- Ability to design, implement, and measure streamlined processes to accelerate and scale implementation projects through continuous improvement.
- Experience implementing software solutions within healthcare, ideally with a strong competency in integration and interoperability.
- Comfort working with multiple levels of stakeholders within a customer organization to build trusted relationships, align on strategy, solve complex problems and deliver a delightful implementation experience.
- Experience in balancing priorities and conducting capacity planning for effective resource utilization.
- Excellent organizational, written & spoken communication skills with ability to synthesize information for stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Working knowledge of healthcare data standards such as HL7, FHIR, 837/835, CCD.
- Familiarity with healthcare systems, technology, and integrations such as EHRs, PMSs, HIEs, etc.
- Familiarity with healthcare concepts such as ACO’s, MCO’s and health insurance providers.
- Nice to haves: PMP, Scrum, Lean, SAFEe Certification.
Pay, Perks & Such:
We offer a full slate of benefits, including competitive salaries, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, a 401k program, fully paid family leave, and flexible vacation.
Note on COVID response:
Stellar’s Union Square NYC HQ is currently open for those that wish to use it and we are supporting both hybrid and remote-friendly work across the US!
In order to protect our wellbeing and safety, and to reduce the likelihood of impacts to our workforce, we currently require all employees, regardless of location, to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
If you would like to learn more about our COVID vaccine policy, as well as our response measures and hybrid work policies, please mention this when you speak with a Stellar Recruiter.
Diversity is the key to our success. Stellar Health is an equal opportunity employer and we are open to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
We believe that diverse teams -and the different identities, cultures, and life experiences our team members bring to the table- enable us to create amazing products, find creative solutions to interesting problems, and build an inclusive working environment.
We encourage everyone to apply to our roles, even if they do not meet every single qualification on a job description, and our team is committed to reviewing every resume submitted.