Director, Program Management, Addressable AdPlatforms at The Walt Disney Company (Greater LA Area)
AdPlatforms is responsible for delivering global advertising technology solutions for Disney’s Linear and Addressable channels, brands and streaming services. With unmatched scale, premium content and innovative capabilities, DMED Ad Platforms is a market leader in advertising.
Project and Program managers supporting AdPlatforms programs will report into this position. We are looking to add a Director to our team who is a leader and a driver. Someone with a proven track record of building teams that successfully collaborate with Product and Engineering teams to realize strategies, product roadmap’s and deliver.
The Addressable Director will ensure that each project and program within the AdPlatforms team is well planned, executed and tracked with meaningful program updates that help stakeholders and executive leadership understand risks, issues and drive decisions that move complex programs forward.
This person will also help drive visibility into the financials of the AdPlatform’s program portfolio, working with the leadership team to prepare and plan the annual capital budget, provide comprehensive analysis and reporting on all capital projects, report financial information to the leadership team regularly, and escalate any deviations.
Communication and leadership come instinctively to this person. They lead with vision, plan with foresight and help their team execute with precision and handle the inevitable change of a dynamic program lifecycle.
If you are someone who can do this, enjoys working at a fast pace, and brings a passion for building the future of advertising technology, this is a great role for you.
- Provide program and project management services for DMED Technology Organization and ensure project management leaders are effectively leading projects to achieve the desired outcome
- Collaborate with Program Management Office and Portfolio Management team to influence the implementation of best practice methods, processes, and tools
- Oversee the creation of quality project information, including project budgets, actuals, forecasts, status reporting, and issue/risk reporting
- Recommend improvements and/or process changes and rolling out agreed changes and ensuring overall compliance.
- Ensure the project management team uses best practices and lessons learnt from previous projects/programs.
- Work with technical leads and other cross-functional teams to prioritize projects/programs and escalate risks and constraints to the technology leadership team promptly.
- Oversee the health of the projects and programs; ensure transparency of project progress and issues/risks.
- Provide guidance to project/program management leaders to improve project execution and remove barriers to successful implementation
- Develop effective working relationships with vendors, partners and clients to create an effective and efficient delivery process to achieve project results
- Work with the Consumer Experiences & Platforms leadership team to accurately forecast resource needs and adequately accounting for expenses to meet requirements and fulfill fiscal responsibility
- Manage a performance enhancement culture by actively coaching and mentoring direct reports, providing regular feedback, and developing employees for broader roles and responsibilities to foster professional growth and personal development
Basic Qualifications :
- 10+ years of experience managing formal projects and/or functional organizations.
- 5+ years Program & Project management experience with very strong facilitation, communication planning and problem-solving skills.
- 8+ years total of formal management experience at the Manager level or above.
- SAFe Certification or a demonstrated understanding of operating large scale agile programs
- CSM / CSP Certification preferred with thorough understanding of Scrum Agile Methodologies
Required Education :
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent