Motional is seeking a talented leader to join the Autonomy Team as the Director of Perception and Prediction. This is an opportunity to lead several world-class teams and engineers including inventors of PointPillars, PointPainting and LaserNet. In this role you will shape the design of our Vision, Lidar, Radar, Tracking and Predictions systems and have a huge direct impact on the autonomy vehicle performance.
The Motional Santa Monica office is located in the heart of 3rd Street Promenade in Santa Monica at 1453 3rd Street. With all the modern amenities for productive work and play, it is steps away from the popular pedestrian outdoor shopping area and Santa Monica beach.
What You’ll Do:
- Deliver a state of the art, deep learning first, perception and prediction system to our fleet of autonomous vehicles
- Direct research and development efforts to incorporate bleeding-edge deep learning technology into our roadmap and product
- Direct implementation and architecture of a real-time C++ stack
- Drive team growth through inclusive hiring
- Manage an established team of Autonomy Engineers and Research Scientists
- Advise on priorities for our AI platform teams to develop required tooling
- Collaborate closely with engineering teams across the company to refine product requirements and interfaces
What You’ll Need:
- PhD or MS in a related field, or combination of related education and experience
- 5 years of management experience, preferably in the self-driving industry
- Exceptional software engineering experience
- Deep expertise in one of the following fields and excellent knowledge in others: sensor fusion, probabilistic perception, object tracking, computer vision, deep learning.
Motional is a driverless technology company making self-driving vehicles a safe, reliable, and accessible reality.
The Motional team is made up of engineers, researchers, innovators, dreamers and doers, who together are creating a first-of-its-kind technology with the potential to transform the way we move. We’re behind some of the industry's largest leaps forward, including the first fully-autonomous cross-country drive in the U.S, the launch of the world's first robotaxi pilot, and operation of the world's most-established public robotaxi fleet.
As a leader in an emerging industry that has the promise of creating safer, more reliable and accessible transportation for all, it’s imperative we have a diverse workforce, create an inclusive culture, and understand the communities we operate in around the world.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is fundamental to Motional’s success. That’s why we’ve established a team to ensure DEI is at the forefront of the candidate and employee experience, beginning with the hiring process and continuing throughout your career. We also partner with organizations like the National Society of Black Engineers, the Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, and the Society of Women Engineers to ensure our DEI work is informed by the latest thinking and approaches.
Strategically formed by Hyundai Motor Group and Aptiv, Motional is fundamentally changing how people move through their lives. Headquartered in Boston, Motional has operations in the U.S and Asia. For more information, visit www.Motional.com and follow us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Motional AD Inc. is an EOE. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. To comply with Federal Law, we participate in E-Verify. All newly-hired employees are queried through this electronic system established by the DHS and the SSA to verify their identity and employment eligibility.