Who We Are:
At Calm, we have a simple, albeit BIG mission: to make the world a happier and healthier place. Through our website, blog, and app—filled with meditations, sleep stories, music, movement, and more—we’re redefining what mental care looks like in 2021 and beyond. With over 100 million users worldwide, 100,000 new users daily, and our growing partnerships with major companies, we’re having a positive effect on more and more people each and every day. And while the heart of Calm is digital, we are growing and expanding offline with a variety of products and services to help deliver on our mission of health and happiness, the world over.
What We Do:
As a leading brand in the mental wellness space, the Calm Content team works hard to develop life-changing audio and video content that truly helps people build a habit around mental wellness. Whether that’s better sleep, less anxiety, or even movements to help get users out of their head, we create experiences that truly help people find a happier and healthier life.
Calm was co-founded by Alex Tew (Million Dollar Homepage) and Michael Acton Smith (Mind Candy, Moshi Monsters, Firebox).
What You’ll Do:
- Manage & lead the Calm Kids team, overseeing the programming slate, driving the growth strategy, and inspiring the development of beloved original kids content
- Develop a creative environment that helps spark a wide range of new ideas and a healthy content pipeline
- Work with creative partners/external brands to forge new partnerships that transform Calm Kids into a household name
- Identify licensing opportunities that bring popular kids properties into the world of Calm and secure impactful celebrity narrator talent for original audio programming
- Work cross-functionally with design, content, legal, engineering, marketing, and PR to ensure successful and streamlined kids content launches
- Monitor industry trends, identifying new opportunities within kids entertainment and expanding Calm Kids’ footprint beyond the app and internationally
Who You Are:
- Experienced kids content executive with a strong track record of building, leading, and inspiring highly-creative teams
- Strong creative who’s also commercially minded and accustomed to evaluating new business opportunities, guiding investment, and making data-driven content decisions
- IQ/EQ balance and strong interpersonal skills, with a proven ability to build meaningful relationships and maximize strategic partnerships
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort working in a fast-paced, scale-up environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Passion for kids content and the category of mental health & mindfulness
We believe that mental health is health, and every person should be considered in the discussion. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace, committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Calm is deeply committed to diversity, equity and inclusion, both in our hiring practices and in our experiences as a Calm employee. We strive to create a mindful and respectful environment where everyone can bring their authentic self to work, and experience a culture that is free of harassment, racism, and discrimination.
Calm is also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. Please inform Calm’s Recruiting team if you need any assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.