Karat’s purpose is to unlock opportunity, and we created the world’s first Interviewing Cloud to conduct predictive, fair, and enjoyable technical interviews 24/7. Karat helps companies such as Wayfair, American Express, and Indeed expand interviewing capacity, unlock developer time, and raise engineering quality so they can hire smarter and grow faster, and create more opportunities for software engineers. From our industry-leading solutions to Karat’s Brilliant Black Minds program, the work we do here matters. We’re a passionate, smart, human-centric, and committed team, and we want you to join us!Come join our Brilliant Black Minds team
Our Brilliant Black Minds team is committed to amplifying the brilliance found in the Black software engineering community by creating exposure, access, and fairness. As the only program of its kind, we enable our global network of Interview Engineers to make technical interviews more accessible, and the interview experience itself more equitable.What you will do
As Director of Brilliant Black Minds at Karat, you will own and define the program strategy, goals, and success metrics of our flagship purpose program. Leading a cross-functional team of Program Managers, DE&I specialists, Analysts, Software Engineers, and Communication professionals, you will be responsible for taking this program to scale and maximizing its impact. Moreover, as Karat’s expert voice on DEI recruiting, you will partner with Karat’s Go-To-Market and Insights Leaders and advise Karat’s clients on their DEI recruiting practices through active participation in key client business reviews and engagements. In this role you will get to dream big for how the industry rethinks diverse technical hiring and work closely with our senior Leadership Team in bringing our vision for more fair, predictive and enjoyable interviews to life.
Karat’s HQ is based in Seattle, Washington, but we are open to remote candidates for this role (within the U.S.). Immigration sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Lead all aspects of the flagship program at Karat, assessing its strengths and opportunities, in order to increase the impact and reach of the product.
- Serve as Karat’s subject-matter-expert on DEI recruiting and sourcing and participate in key client discussions to present trends, best practices and solutions. Create relevant client-facing content and diagnose client opportunities and advise them proactively alongside Karat’s go-to-market (GTM) team.
- Build and own a corporate partnership model, owning program budget and resources.
- Lead a cross-functional team of specialists supporting the program, and manage core technical and project/program management staff. You will also be responsible for managing the program’s budget and resources.
- Identify ways to increase impact for diverse engineers, our clients, and Karat as a leader in the recruiting space.
- Serve as a thought partner and strategic advisor for Karat leadership on key diversity initiatives that advance inclusion across the organization.
- Proactively share and communicate thought leadership related to program and DE&I hiring to help drive a deeper understanding of inclusion and belonging for both Karat and the industry as a whole.
- Partner closely with Go To Market, Product and Insights teams to advise Karat’s clients on their DE&I recruiting strategies
- Speak publicly about the program and its impact for internal, external, and client events and opportunities.
- 8+ years of experience in all levels of cross-functional program or project management, from program design to execution
- Direct experience in Diversity and Inclusion programs in the technology industry
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to empathize with partner needs and drive alignment across multiple teams and individuals of a diverse set of backgrounds
- Strong grasp of DE&I recruiting practices and/or experience building and facilitating DE&I specific training strongly preferred
- Effective management and mentorship style that has supported the development, growth, and performance of your direct reports
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to influence without authority and flex from the strategic level to detailed operational excellence
- Familiarity with HBCUs and minority serving institutions a strong plus
Karat strives to offer everything you need to best support you today, tomorrow, and beyond. We’re proud of our current offerings, and highlight some of our team’s favorites below. There are more, just feel free to ask!Compensation / Time Off:
- Highly competitive salary and stock options
- Generous paid PTO (see below) and Sick Leave (10 days per year)
- Flexible Time Off Policy for salaried positions
- Three weeks accrued per year for hourly positions
- Parental Leave (12 weeks paid with transition back to work in part-time capacity)
- 18 paid Company Holidays for 2021
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance via Cigna or Kaiser (for CA-based employees)
- 100% premium covered for employees
- 70% premium covered for dependents
- FSA, STD, LTD, Standard Life Insurance, and Optional Life Insurance
- Mental Wellness offerings such as Calm, Happify, Talkspace, Modern Health, and more
- $150 per month contribution to miscellaneous benefit/wellness of employee’s choice
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know at [email protected].